• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brighton > Victoria 1 week season

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie365

I've just used Southern's mixing desk to find the price for a standard class peak Brighton>Victoria 1 week season.

It's offered me:

• £93.20 London Terminals Thameslink only.
  • £101.40 zones 1-6 travelcard
  • £101.70 Brighton>Victoria
  • £110.20 London Terminals
  • £129.90 zones 1-6 travelcard

I can't see any indication that any of the tickets are off peak.

So why would I want to get anything other than the £101.40 which appears to cover everything the others do and more, for less (TL only excepted)?

And what's the difference between the £101.40 and the £129.90?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I've just used Southern's mixing desk to find the price for a standard class peak Brighton>Victoria 1 week season.

It's offered me:

So why would I want to get anything other than the £101.40 which appears to cover everything the others do and more, for less (TL only excepted)?

Thanks

The £101.40 Z1-6 is also Thameslink only (presumably the restriction only applies outside of the Zones).

cookie365

Ah, thanks both, the TL only doesn't show up in the ticket description, only when you hover your mouse over the price.

hassaanhc

Established Member

It's offered me:

Thanks

In order:
Thameslink services as far as Blackfriars
As above to East Croydon then any services in Zones 1-6 (so would require a change at East Croydon for Victoria or travel via Blackfriars and District Line)
Any service towards Victoria (no need to change)
Any service towards Victoria, London Bridge, or Blackfriars
Any service towards London and any services in Zones 1-6
Can also travel to other stations on the route with the non-Travelcard tickets, complying with the operator restriction if it applies.

crehld

Established Member
Thanks crehld, that looks like it could be the ticket for me :)

No problem. I successfully used it between Portsmouth and Victoria for two months while I had a temporary work placement. I would advise taking a printout of the T&Cs though. You'll have no problems on the trains, but a small minority of gate line staff at Victoria caused a bit of hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.