• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

C2C- Future Trainee Train Drivers and Shunters - East Ham and Shoeburyness (23/10/23)

Zain K

C2C a small toc wth two depots and they still aint told the ones waiting for the mainline course if they have passed or not. I know railway recuritment is slow but waiting this long to be told if you have passed or failed is taking the mick. Crazy but if it was me, I'd go to fenchurch street and ask a few drivers if they have any word on whats going on. When is the next mainline driver course or who knows, could be the internals (if it was open to them) they are putting forward for courses first. Anyway I hope you lot waiting find out soon.
There still is some hope then. I do applaud C2C with how fast they arranged the assessments and interviews. Looking at other TOCs, some campaigns are still ongoing for over a year just for the assessments alone.

May will be beginning from tomorrow so hope and pray as always we hear something good then.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

miki9

I remember that lady who's husband applied for the role stated he emailed them though that was about a month ago now.
Hello! He's still not received anything formal, just the update on the online portal. No response to his email at all, not even an acknowledgement. To be honest, given up with c2c and trying with other TOCs. Just frustrating to have gone through them entire process to fall at the last hurdle (if the online portal is correct).

Zain K

Hello! He's still not received anything formal, just the update on the online portal. No response to his email at all, not even an acknowledgement. To be honest, given up with c2c and trying with other TOCs. Just frustrating to have gone through them entire process to fall at the last hurdle (if the online portal is correct).
Appreciate the message Miki. I would still wait and see what the official outcome is for your husband before jumping to conclusions. Seems like people are getting emailed now and looks like HR are slowly contacting people in batches. We might hear something soon.

Zain K

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Seems people have gotten emails saying if they have got the job or not from Wednesday. Still waiting to hear back which gives me some hope and worry as the assumed start date for the mainline course is only 3 weeks away.

Samzino

Established Member
Nonetheless all here should be mighty proud of making it to the DMI. Those with seats, Enjoy it!

Those without seats you won't be for long with these passes if you put them to good use and get applying around. With some TOCs it's straight DMI, others one or two additional assessments.

Zain K

Agree there. At least passing the assessments may help us when or if having to apply again to another TOC