• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

C2C- Future Trainee Train Drivers and Shunters - East Ham and Shoeburyness (23/10/23)

Samzino

The communication is a reoccurring theme it seems in this fourm but on the flip side(not that it's the outcome wanted) you both can relax a bit now and focus on the next Company for opportunity.

Learning what may have gone wrong in the DMI and then hopefully smashing the next one. Good Luck!
If you don't mind. Roughly when was the DMI date taken by your Husband?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zain K

I had mine on the 12th Feb. Curious to know how many interviews they had and dates. I did not get the first dates HR sent me for the stage 2 assessment which was in mid January so ended up going on the 1st Feb for the stage 2 then just over a week later for the DMI

Samzino

I assume only 2 dates, The Jan 24th DMI and the Feb 12th.

Feb Date has 6 slots and I believe two candidates at a time booked for two different panels. So that's 12 Separate DMI's on that day if all attended.

Assuming it's another 6 on the Jan date then that's all together 24 DMIs plus possibly some internal progressions for Mainline etc.

Last edited:

BigG796

Feb Date has 6 slots and I believe two candidates at a time booked for two different panels. So that's 12 Separate DMI's on that day if all attended.

Assuming it's another 6 on the Jan date then that's all together 24 DMIs plus possibly some internal progressions for Mainline etc.
they defo had 3 dates advertised which were:

24jan

i think the 31st jan

05 feb which is when i had my DMI

then like an extra date that was the 12th,

there first 3 all had 6 time slots for the days, wether they was all full i dont know

Samzino

they defo had 3 dates advertised which were:

24jan

i think the 31st jan

05 feb which is when i had my DMI

then like an extra date that was the 12th,

there first 3 all had 6 time slots for the days, wether they was all full i dont know
Oh that is very interesting. So there was 4 dates with an assumed 48 DMIs then.

Samzino

yeah from my understanding, but i think thats for both the shunter and mainline street to seat roles
Indeed. I assume the May course may not be the only course this year. I seem to remember in a thread here or so that there may be another intake at a later point this year. Would align with the "Future" part of the campaign and indeed that it spans from 24/25.

Either way I'll be eagerly awaiting yhe status change in the portal. Hopefully its a good new status from the current.

Zain K

From my observations I think it was 1 person per time slot. I went for the 1:30pm interview on the 12th and arrived at 12:30 to the office. Did not come in with another candidate for the same time unless they booked in just after 1:20 when the receptionist told me to go up to the main office. Did see 1 candidate waiting outside for the 2:30pm interview when I came out from the interview

Samzino

From my observations I think it was 1 person per time slot. I went for the 1:30pm interview on the 12th and arrived at 12:30 to the office. Did not come in with another candidate for the same time unless they booked in just after 1:20 when the receptionist told me to go up to the main office. Did see 1 candidate waiting outside for the 2:30pm interview when I came out from the interview
Interesting. Must be a mix. On my day we had me and another Lady come at the same time for the 12th Feb DMI. We saw different Panels however once both up there.

Good thing is at least things are moving now, soon the speculation will be at an end.

Zain K

Interesting. Must be a mix. On my day we had me and another Lady come at the same time for the 12th Feb DMI. We saw different Panels however once both up there.

Good thing is at least things are moving now, soon the speculation will be at an end.
That is interesting. Makes me wonder how many people attended the DMI. Only logical thing I can think of is due to the dates being given so short notice they may have accommodated having 2 candidates at the same time for that date as people might have had a time restraint. My time slot as I said for the 12th Feb there was no one with me same for the last candidate I saw waiting for the 2:30pm slot. Makes me wonder if all time slots were taken up or not.

Just constantly praying for something good soon .

Samzino

Yeah this part of the waiting game is the tough one but as said before at least we've got passes out of the campaign if nothing else. The first Shunters start around April so we can expect some movement definitely by then if it hasn't already happened prior.

My5

Anyone heard back yet for the mainline position, only just found this thread, glad to hear I’m not alone on the lack of communication. Was hoping to hear back before the long weekend.

Covnarcom

Had my DMI on the 5th Feb and am still waiting to hear back. I emailed a week ago to see if there were any updates on their end but got nothing in reply.

Really good to know I’m not alone wondering and waiting!

My5

I know someone who used to work for c2c and said communication at this stage was hit and miss and like others said probably the backlog in recruitment. Keeping my fingers crossed as I was also told that the training people are lovely, I’d love the opportunity. Had my interview with a man and a woman he was an older guy and I think he was head of drivers.

Samzino

You're indeed not alone. Several of us waiting, not much from c2c hr either. Interviewers were lovely and no doubt will be a great experience once in.

Most of us believe we will hear news after the shunters start in April.

Galleon

Anyone heard back yet for the mainline position, only just found this thread, glad to hear I’m not alone on the lack of communication. Was hoping to hear back before the long weekend.
Just to echo the others, no one has yet. That said, check your online profile because at least for me it now shows the status as ‘Offer’. Still haven’t heard from them though!

For anybody who got the shunter positions I’m curious, did your online profile show anything more specific than just ‘Offer’?

Shrimper_95

Just to echo the others, no one has yet. That said, check your online profile because at least for me it now shows the status as ‘Offer’. Still haven’t heard from them though!

For anybody who got the shunter positions I’m curious, did your online profile show anything more specific than just ‘Offer’?
Mine says ‘First Interview’ and I’m starting on the 9th!

Samzino

Well then, guess we can't take the Portal too seriously then. Could be a possibility that your Hubby hasnt yet been rejected, however if that changed manually we'd also never know, its a strange one. Maybe an email asking to confirm is in due. @miki9

BigG796

yeah echo of what everyone else is said, no contact, tbh i know everyone's having no joy sending emails so i haven't bothered to email c2c again, theyve obviously go a big work load in recruitment, but I'm hoping at some point they get round to confirming the results soon with us though,

the suspense is now officially killing me

Samzino

yeah echo of what everyone else is said, no contact, tbh i know everyone's having no joy sending emails so i haven't bothered to email c2c again, theyve obviously go a big work load in recruitment, but I'm hoping at some point they get round to confirming the results soon with us though,

Haha same here. Would like to know something good or bad eventually. Limbo is painful but as Shrimper has said his start date, if he starts the 9th we can most likely expect to hear something for Mainline not long after.

To be fair, it's just coming to 6months since the recruitment campaign started, that is rapid when we look at other threads on this fourm like the Avanti, GWR and GA ones which have had waits of Over a year or more just to get to testing and same are still waiting whilst we've all completed the DMI as far as I know.

It will be a great opportunity no matter what! And at least the results are banked.

Zain K

For the shunter role mine says "reject after assessment one" and the mainline role says "reject after shortlisting" however on the interview they mentioned I applied for both positions so would assume its both jobs I had the interview for.

Did you get any updates like contract of employment or anymore contact from C2C?

I know someone who used to work for c2c and said communication at this stage was hit and miss and like others said probably the backlog in recruitment. Keeping my fingers crossed as I was also told that the training people are lovely, I’d love the opportunity. Had my interview with a man and a woman he was an older guy and I think he was head of drivers.

Sounds like recruitment in railways is slow but seeing other posts from other railway companies it looks like C2C are the fastest.

I had David and Andrea for my interview on the 12th Feb at 1:30. David is head of the trains and Andrea the training operating manager. Really nice people which just makes me want to work at C2C a lot more. Had a great interview, conversation, and laugh. Honestly I wish I can work with such nice people.

Congrats Galleon and fingers crossed its legitimate that status. When did you have your interview? Seems like its only the first interview candidates that have got an update on their portal. Had mine I believe last on the 12th Feb

Your not the only one. Praying we all hear good news soon

Galleon

Mines says ‘First Interview’ and I’m starting on the 9th!
Ha, I’ll take the ‘offer’ with a pinch of salt for now then!! Good luck for the start mate.

Congrats Galleon and fingers crossed its legitimate that status. When did you have your interview? Seems like its only the first interview candidates that have got an update on their portal. Had mine I believe last on the 12th Feb

Thank you, definitely fingers crossed but given the mixed responses I’m trying not to put any stock in it until I do hear from them! My interview was I think the very first slot they had offered, 24th Jan I believe.

Samzino

A week from now and the April Shunter course will have started(assuming they don't move it anymore due to strikes)

Zain K

Thank you, definitely fingers crossed but given the mixed responses I’m trying not to put any stock in it until I do hear from them! My interview was I think the very first slot they had offered, 24th Jan I believe.
Your welcome Galleon and I would too be the same until I know for sure via a phone call or email from C2C with official confirmation.

Sounds like the first interview candidates have gotten an update. I'm sure to believe there was only 3 dates with the remaining dates (5th and 12th Feb) still to be updated on the portal.

A week from now and the April Shunter course will have started(assuming they don't move it anymore due to strikes)

Not far now. I would speculate like Samzino said they likely and hopefully will let us know with the mainline job after the shunters start their course. The way I see it shunters play a important part getting the trains ready for the train operators so making them start first would help the service especially for when the trainee train operators start.

Samzino

Patience is a virtue

This week will be interesting. With the likely start of the Shunter's Course on Tuesday, could see some movement on the Mainline details by HR and the relevant parties.

If May is the assumed course month for Mainline however then It would be leaving it quite tight for notices, onboarding etc.

Well wishes to those starting on the 9th for Shunters. Hope it all goes well!

Last edited by a moderator: