• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caverswall Crossing work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilkestonian

Network Rail and contractors have been doing quite a bit of work over the last few months to Caverswall level crossing on the Stoke to Derby line. It is currently a full barrier crossing, controlled from the adjacent box, which also remotely controls one or two other crossings, including Blythe Bridge, as well as being an AB section box, I believe.

Today I noticed a tall pole had been erected on a previously prepared concrete footing, and I wondered if it might be for a CCTV camera.

If so, would it imply that control might be changed, and possibly the signalling generally might be changed too?

I found a 2014 Network Rail document suggesting Derby would take over control of the line's signalling, but assumed this was on the back burner given overruns, delays and budget constraints generally.

Can anyone tell me if the current arrangements are scheduled to change soon, and if the work at Caverswall is anything to do with this or not?

Thanks for any insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.