• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cheapest EC Advance Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

els

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows the cheapest EC Advance ticket (which is at least £2) - I'm trying to tip my rewards balance from 498 to the 500 mark in order to get two free standard tickets :D

Best so far is a Edinburgh - Berwick child ticket on a random August date costing £2.65 (very short distances like waverley - haymarket don't appear to work) - to be honest I'll probably just go with this but nonetheless curious if anyone knows of a cheaper fare currently available? Obviously I have no intention of picking up/using this ticket.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think the Standard rewards tickets are good value, you typically have to spend £250 per ticket, and I usually get the tickets I want for £10-£13.

The EC website no longer sells child tickets singly, so your plan won't work.

Are there no other walk-up tickets (for any route, on any operator) you can book? They will count towards your Rewards total providing the transaction is £22 or more.

els

I would have to wait 60 days for walk up fares to be credited to my account. EC Advance ticekts since they are non-refundable are credited within a couple of days.

I think they are good value myself - these points have just accumulated from trips I've done over the years between london and edinburgh and so it's no loss to me. And since I intend to travel in June the fare on the equivilent journey is £49 - a decent saving IMO.

Also, I've tended to book walk-up tickets on southern which gave excellent cashback in days gone by, along with a cashback credit card.

But for this a railcard adult fare will do the trick for a marginally larger amount..

Status
Not open for further replies.