• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

China's high-speed rail vision (contains large image)

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbl2000

China is proposing five high-speed international railway networks that would ultimately connect the UK at one end, America at another and Singapore in the south, with China in the centre.
Recently posted on the South China Morning Post website was the following Infographic visualising these plans.

The original source is: http://www.scmp.com/infographics/article/1605236/infographic-chinas-high-speed-rail-vision

railvision-graphic-1001.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
philbl2000 - Thanks for posting this, looks very interesting. Hope you don't mind but I've sent you a PM regarding making the above post more accessible and compliant with our Forum Rules, if you can action that when you get the chance that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

ian959

Some nice pie in the sky stuff there but like so much of what the Chinese do, it lacks any significant reason for doing it. If someone could give me an economically sane reason for this international network to be built, I would love to hear it. Giving train enthusiasts long distance high speed trains to bash is not an economically sane reason :)

HSTEd

Veteran Member
Well 32 hours from the Lower 48 to China would probably kill the airmail market as a significant player.

And it would allow long distance coach rate pacific travel.

Also the infrastructure could be made to support a future ~1100kV HVDC connection, the technology which is now claimed to be fully developed (by ABB).

Status
Not open for further replies.