• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cityfox Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colly405

Phil S said

"As an aside, this is probably as good a time as any to acknowledge that the recent drama over the Plymouth brand did find a legitimate weakness, and subsequent conversations between the two businesses have confirmed that the agreement that previously existed is no more. The Plymouth brand will therefore progressively be removed from publicity for the time being, although discussions are already underway with other interested parties in the area."

TGW, not sure whether you are agreeing with or contradicting the post you quote, so I'm not sure whether I'm going to agree with or contradict you...!

But don't forget that there's a big difference between a limited company and a brand agreement.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PhilStockley

The illustrations of Splendour vehicles are just that - illustrations, or artists impressions of you like. They are not intended to show actual vehicles, but what a Splendour vehicle might look like. Clearly there aren't any real vehicles to use at the moment.

The emphasis on promoting Splendour is because the company has seen increased interest recently in requests for group travel through large taxi bookings, and there could be a logical progression from large taxis into small coaches. While the Snowdonia O licence is not being actively used at the moment, it is live and current and whereas registered bus services take months to set up, a private hire operation could be in place overnight with the right combination of work and vehicles (which are generally readily available).

It doesn't seem unreasonable therefore for the group to promote its group hire capabilities, and then depending on the enquiries that come in they can either be handled in house or in conjunction with fellow operators. The alternative is not to promote it at all, which of course is a guarantee of pretty much no work coming in!

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
TGW, not sure whether you are agreeing with or contradicting the post you quote, so I'm not sure whether I'm going to agree with or contradict you...!

But don't forget that there's a big difference between a limited company and a brand agreement.

To clarify... Phil said that reference to Plymouth would be removed from publicity but days later, it's on there. Hence my reference to poor proof reading rather than anything more involved or sinister ;)

PhilStockley

It's on there because it exists as a limited company, not to promote the existence of a particular service. It just means that if the group carried out any operations under the Plymouth Limited Company (in Plymouth or anywhere else!) they don't need to reissue the Ts and Cs.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
We know from Phil's post that they only have the Omnicity, and they've dropped the plan to make operate bus services to focus on their taxis.

Just the OmniCity?

January PSV news reports:

CityFox is a taxi operator in Bristol, a busfleet appears online (I can't find it??); Some of these buses have been seen in Bristol with CityFox titles.

..Others on the list may have been owned by the MD of CityFox, but have not seen any use since their previous operator ceased or for the last two the date that they claimed they were acquired. These are listed below

N203 NNJ
N204 NNJ
N205 NNJ
N215 NNJ
R76 GNW
R530 YRP
X513 ADF

All above Dennis Dart SLF's, one assumes then they were acquired but have moved on?

The last two are Solo V658 DFX and M.A.N SF08 RNY

richw

Veteran Member
Just the OmniCity?

CityFox is a taxi operator in Bristol, a busfleet appears online (I can't find it??); Some of these buses have been seen in Bristol with CityFox titles.

..Others on the list may have been owned by the MD of CityFox, but have not seen any use since their previous operator ceased or for the last two the date that they claimed they were acquired. These are listed below

N203 NNJ
N204 NNJ
N205 NNJ
N215 NNJ
R76 GNW
R530 YRP
X513 ADF

All above Dennis Dart SLF's, one assumes then they were acquired but have moved on?

I don't know about all the vehicles you quote, but as Phil was registered as a director and is still heavily involved I will take his post that the only bus they have is the Omnicity as accurate.
R76GNW, R530YRP and X513ADF were all with Cornwall busways, and the director of that firm was linked with Kernow fox, which all ended after said director failed at the appeal of his o-licence being revoked. The fox fleetlist online shows them as being locate in Cornwall.

There were two SF08*** which I gather were returned to their owner (leased I gather, some online commentators say they were repossessed, some make stronger accusations which I shall not repost)
http://www.kernowfoxbus.co.uk/download/i/mark_dl/u/4013124085/4625731920/fleetlist.pdf

Last edited:

ChrisPJ

"No coaches and no drivers, but if someone phones up we will get them."

What a bizarre way to run a company!! That's a bit like going into Tesco to buy half a dozen eggs, only to be told you can't have them today, come back in 24hrs/1 week/a month/whenever and we might be able to help.

I'm not exactly seeing the next Brian Souter here :D

Last edited:

richw

Veteran Member
"No coaches and no drivers, but if someone phones up we will get them."

What a bizarre way to run a company!! That's a bit like going into Tesco to buy half a dozen eggs, only to be told you can't have them today, come back in 24hrs/1 week/a month/whenever and we might be able to help.

I'm not exactly seeing the next Brian Souter here :D"No coaches and no drivers, but if someone phones up we will get them."

I'm not exactly seeing the next Brian Souter here :D

It's easy enough to get a coach on short notice sub contract if they have the request.

nesw

"OUR FLEET

Our modern, comfortable and stylish vehicles are maintained to full manufacturer guidelines by our own qualified staff. Whatever your requirement, we can find the right solution for you from our range of vehicles. All of our coaches and minibuses meet the most recent environmental requirements and boast all the essential features to deliver comfort and efficiency."

To me that suggests that the company own the coaches & they're all Euro 6.

And there's also Splendour South West and Splendour Wales.

Last edited:

GRAHAMJ

from the Splendour website :

Splendour has an established reputation in corporate and private hire for business or leisure. The Splendour service team has the knowledge and experience to understand and meet your requirements, however complex they may be. Our clients include Corporate, Social Clubs, Sporting Teams and individuals - all of whom enjoy a professional and hassle free service.

The problem with this is that it is bulls**t. Tell the truth do not lie to people. Spendour has no established reputation, there is no Spendour team as such and no Splendour clients. You need to understand that as long as you tell 'alternative' facts you will be critised by those that know the facts. I wish you all the best but do it honestly.

BBC

Does the MD still threaten people on Facebook messenger? Lovely chap.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
I've been keeping away from this thread because the whole Cityfox Bus operation is, quite clearly, an utter farce.

It's far too much like someone 'playing buses' in a weird fantasy land - and a whole load of people on here seem to be just going along with it as if the guy in charge is some terribly clever MD with a massive track record of quality operation. He isn't.

I remain surprised that Phil is involved.

D60

Just the OmniCity?

N203 NNJ
N204 NNJ
N205 NNJ
N215 NNJ
R76 GNW
R530 YRP
X513 ADF

N203/4/15NNJ did operate in Bristol in 2013/4 with Bristol Greyhound/Pier Buses, but seemingly not 205 (all ex Brighton & Hove)..

RH did claim to have been involved with this operation at the time (Pier Buses, not Brighton & Hove..).. but the actual owner of Pier Buses was keen to deny any such involvement... (the Fat Bus Bloke blog investigates all of this in a sequence of postings called 'The Greyhound and the Fox', from memory.. sorry can't post links on this phone...

Just another example of the confusion, and claims that appear to have little to no substance in reality... It's been going on for years now..

Lrd

Established Member
Fairly sure I just passed one of the darts parked up on the side of the road in Greenford looking sorry for itself. It was in a dark red and black livery. I'm fairly sure it was N215 NNJ but can confirm when I go past it again on the way home later.

matt_splat

didn't the darts belong to bristol greyhound?

i believe the ex diamond bus one now is with a driver training company in Weston now.

D60

didn't the darts belong to bristol greyhound?

i believe the ex diamond bus one now is with a driver training company in Weston now.

See post #45

Certainly 3 of the ex-B&H Darts listed were with Bristol Greyhound/Pier Buses (the other it seems was with Wilts & Dorset at that time..?)

And yes, CityFox acquired 2 Darts (M/N-reg?) around the same time, from Rotala/Diamond Bus (previous First Kidderminster)..

matt_splat

See post #45

Certainly 3 of the ex-B&H Darts listed were with Bristol Greyhound/Pier Buses (the other it seems was with Wilts & Dorset at that time..?)

And yes, CityFox acquired 2 Darts (M/N-reg?) around the same time, from Rotala/Diamond Bus (previous First Kidderminster)..

one was a R reg

matt_splat

They were P401MLA and R220MSA. You'd have to check on their disposition

The ex B&H ones were with Pier Buses (aka Bristol Greyhound) but as has been mentioned, it is claimed that Shaun Craigie has stated that Cityfox had nothing to do with Pier Buses.

They disposed of it.... i had heard a different story....

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
from the Splendour website :

Splendour has an established reputation in corporate and private hire for business or leisure. The Splendour service team has the knowledge and experience to understand and meet your requirements, however complex they may be. Our clients include Corporate, Social Clubs, Sporting Teams and individuals - all of whom enjoy a professional and hassle free service.

The problem with this is that it is bulls**t. Tell the truth do not lie to people. Spendour has no established reputation, there is no Spendour team as such and no Splendour clients. You need to understand that as long as you tell 'alternative' facts you will be critised by those that know the facts. I wish you all the best but do it honestly.

Actually, I'd be a bit stronger about it. People can be excused in "gilding the lily" - you don't expect to be firms to go all Uriah Heap and be "very 'umble".

However, not only is it untrue, it's yet another example of wholesale plagiarism being lifted verbatim from a bonafide operators' website.

nesw

Rhys was recently bragging that he designed the Hallmark livery, but went silent when others questioned him.

The Hallmark website has been copied almost word for word.

It's possibly worth looking a the thread on the West Midlands bus photos forum for info on Mr. Hand's activities dating back as far as 2013.

ChrisPJ

Nah I'm not going to do that. What I am going to do is say that Mr Stockley would be well advised to think about the brush he had with the TC. Isn't there a currently registered service that this mob are supposed to be running?

Status
Not open for further replies.