• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 333 toilet

SimplyLlama

Don’t know if it is featured in another thread so apologies if it is.

I was riding 333015 this afternoon and noticed a ‘lock’ button finally in the toilet! Does anybody know why this wasn’t done sooner and at what rate do they plan to implement them?

Attachments

• IMG_9727.jpeg
    IMG_9727.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 147
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
It's been discussed in the Northern Unit Refurb thread.

It's a trial as part of potential roll-out as part of a wider mods package still under consideration.

D6130

Established Member
A major design defect with the class 333 toilets was that if someone pressed the internal 'close' button with the door open while leaving, the door would not only close, but lock itself out of use. This unfortunately resulted in numerous instances of soiled and/or wet clothing - not to mention urinating and defecating - in the bike storage/disabled area immediately outside the toilet.... especially on a Friday or Saturday night. Having locked itself out of use, the toilet could then only be reopened by the conductor using a carriage key.

bieomax

I was riding 333015 this afternoon and noticed a ‘lock’ button finally in the toilet! Does anybody know why this wasn’t done sooner and at what rate do they plan to implement them?
I hope you left feedback on the QR code (although it maybe closed up now)

Royston Vasey

Established Member
A major design defect with the class 333 toilets was that if someone pressed the internal 'close' button with the door open while leaving, the door would not only close, but lock itself out of use. This unfortunately resulted in numerous instances of soiled and/or wet clothing - not to mention urinating and defecating - in the bike storage/disabled area immediately outside the toilet.... especially on a Friday or Saturday night. Having locked itself out of use, the toilet could then only be reopened by the conductor using a carriage key.
I do this out of habit when leaving any train toilet, out of courtesy for anyone sitting near the toilet, so they have to see and smell the toilet for as short a time as possible! Won’t do that if I’m ever on a 333 now

elbows47

75A

Established Member
This also happens with the Disabled Toilets on the P & O ferries between Larne & Cairnryan.