• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 701 'Aventra' trains for South Western Railway

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DMckduck97

I mean it's not. It's from staff members at Staines who have been trained on them?
I've had the same information with 3 special turns booked for tommorow, all currently 5Qxx but with how resource has been moved around to facilitate these turns I wouldn't be surprised to see a short notice change to at least 1 service

D7666

I mean it's not. It's from staff members at Staines who have been trained on them?

So far every week for the past 8 weeks 2U91 and 2U92 have appeared somewhere, in ACWN, and or as paths in RTT, and each week someone says this is the week they will run, but have yet to do so.

That is not me saying one way or the other,I know nothing, but precedence does not inspire confidence that anything will happen this week any better than the past 8 weeks, and people are quite right to be sceptical.

And when it does happen, it won't be based on a rumour this it is this week, or any future week, but because the things have a Q path ready to be activated at short notice whenever they are ready.

For today (05/01) the paths are in as 5Q31 and 5Q32 and also marked Q and at 04:22 even those as Class 5 appear not to be running today.

For Monday (08/01) 2U91 2U92 are in but again marked as Q - but they have appeared like this before then disappeared.

Draw your own conclusions but I'd not rely on "psssst my mate at xxxxxx" type gen on this one.........

Last edited:

D365

Veteran Member
We shall know tomorrow who was right. Place your bets!
So far every week for the past 8 weeks 2U91 and 2U92 have appeared somewhere, in ACWN, and or as paths in RTT, and each week someone says this is the week they will run, but have yet to do so.

That is not me saying one way or the other,I know nothing, but precedence does not inspire confidence that anything will happen this week any better than the past 8 weeks, and people are quite right to be sceptical.

And when it does happen, it won't be based on a rumour this it is this week, or any future week, but because the things have a Q path ready to be activated at short notice whenever they are ready.

For today (05/01) the paths are in as 5Q31 and 5Q32 and also marked Q and at 04:22 even those as Class 5 appear not to be running today.

For Monday (08/01) 2U91 2U92 are in but again marked as Q - but they have appeared like this before then disappeared.

Draw your own conclusions but I'd not rely on "psssst my mate at xxxxxx" type gen on this one.........
My understanding is that today’s runs are test/training only. No comment on next week…

D7666

My understanding is that today’s runs are test/training only. No comment on next week…
Indeed, but about 2 posts before mine suggests today a short notice alteration................ hence my "draw your own conclusions comment"

Interestingly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

as at 08:02 5Q29 07:55 ex WAT is still shown as Q in RTT and without any passing times .............. but Traksy map has it moving at Queenstown Road at 08:04, as does OTT maps but also no real times.

/obviously/ no need anyone to post RTT and OTT rely on data in = data out and if no input to activate it then it won't show.

But just to suggest persons keep their eye open just in case the upthread mentioned post comes true

Last edited:
Interesting how this one specifically says "Test" instead of the usual "empty coaching stock"
Not sure if it actually means anything and it's probably shown up loads of times but this is my first time seeing it

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 11.01.31.png

Bumpkin

Interesting how this one specifically says "Test" instead of the usual "empty coaching stock"
Not sure if it actually means anything and it's probably shown up loads of times but this is my first time seeing it

View attachment 149722
5Q50/51/52 are the mileage accumulation runs, operated by GBRf so are still 'Testing' the units out. Also why they show no operator on RTT whereas the training runs are shown as SWR run.

H&I

Just spotted 701036 at Waterloo. It didn’t seem to be in service, though. Still has those barriers up across the doors.

Attachments

• 0B95E1CC-4D6E-4E7B-AC4A-5D8B0046BAF9.jpeg
    0B95E1CC-4D6E-4E7B-AC4A-5D8B0046BAF9.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 237

Bedwyn32

Do the fellow members of this forum think that Claire Mann will try and get the 701's in to service before she goes back to TFL.

H&I

It was running 5Q32 and now 5Q33.
Yes, now showing “Windsor & Eton Riverside”. Some people onboard are not in uniform, but in plain clothes instead. I wonder if they are media. I wanted to go onto the platform to take close up pictures but I am worried I might get told off.

Attachments

• 22340074-EADC-4215-BEAE-7341B8C5CF0F.jpeg
    22340074-EADC-4215-BEAE-7341B8C5CF0F.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 171

Dan G

Yes, now showing “Windsor & Eton Riverside”. Some people onboard are not in uniform, but in plain clothes instead. I wonder if they are media. I wanted to go onto the platform to take close up pictures but I am worried I might get told off.
Go for it! Just ask politely if the 701 is in service.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Go for it! Just ask politely if the 701 is in service.
I wouldn't. I'd just get on. If they moan at you, you can get off again. Nothing wrong with boarding a train with people on and a destination indicator to suggest its in service?

swr444

They are mainly guard and driver managers

I wouldn't. I'd just get on. If they moan at you, you can get off again. Nothing wrong with boarding a train with people on and a destination indicator to suggest its in service?
It’s not in service unfortunately, familiarisation for crew.