• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Currently unable to log in to DB website from UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRX

Established Member
It doesn't seem to be possible to log in to my DB account from a desktop computer. I'm presented with a captcha, and when I submit this I get a 503 error. Same with several different browsers.

I can log in on the DB Navigator app on my phone, but the journey planner there is more limited.

Doing a google search, it doesn't seem like this is a new problem. The suggested solution is to use a VPN (and pretend you're in Germany), something you'd need to install and pay for. It doesn't appear to be the case that DB are in any hurry to fix it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rvdborgt

I don't get a CAPTCHA (in Belgium) and can log in normally via bahn.de. Same on bahn.com.

RT4038

Established Member
Including logging in? Do you get asked for a Captcha?
Yes. Got a Captcha. Selected the correct pictures and it logged me in. (Had to reset my password first ...)

Veteran Member
I'm not having any problems, but I did run into Captchas a day or two ago :).

Last edited:
I had the same issue. Using a VPN worked. The Google Chrome VPN has France as part of its free version and that worked a treat.

BRX

Established Member
Well, I found that I could log in from a browser on my phone, as long as I was connected to mobile data rather than my own home wifi. And that I can log on, from a desktop browser, if I connect my computer via a hotspot from my phone.

Hardly ideal but better than nothing.

dutchflyer

Established Member
Had here in NL same problem a few days ago-but note that there is now NEXT.bahn.de and all major features are moved to there-on that it worked flawless (I have a yrs old account and had to make a booking). It offers, as can be expected from new set-ups, more features etc.

rvdborgt

there is now NEXT.bahn.de and all major features are moved to there-on that it worked flawless (I have a yrs old account and had to make a booking). It offers, as can be expected from new set-ups, more features etc.
Until now, I've only noticed a disappeared feature: after entering a via station, you can't choose the train types per section anymore. That's a huge loss.

BRX

Established Member
Had here in NL same problem a few days ago-but note that there is now NEXT.bahn.de and all major features are moved to there-on that it worked flawless (I have a yrs old account and had to make a booking). It offers, as can be expected from new set-ups, more features etc.
I have the same login problem, whether it's old or new "next.bahn" site.

I have the same login problem, whether it's old or new "next.bahn" site.
Same here, I get the error on the old or new site. I even tried creating a new account and after identifying the zebra in the captcha, got the same error. I wonder if it's the capture causing the problem?

BRX

Established Member
Same here, I get the error on the old or new site. I even tried creating a new account and after identifying the zebra in the captcha, got the same error. I wonder if it's the capture causing the problem?
If I do it using my workaround (using mobile hotspot instead of wifi) then I still get the captcha but it logs me in. So I'm not sure it's the captcha that's causing the problem. It seems to be related to connecting via a uk ISP. As some people seem not to have the issue, perhaps it only happens with certain ISPs (mine is Virgin Media).

If I do it using my workaround (using mobile hotspot instead of wifi) then I still get the captcha but it logs me in. So I'm not sure it's the captcha that's causing the problem. It seems to be related to connecting via a uk ISP. As some people seem not to have the issue, perhaps it only happens with certain ISPs (mine is Virgin Media).
I agree. I just managed to register and then sign out and sign back in again without any error when using a hotspot wifi via my mobile phone. Like you I am on Virgin Media so it would seem Bahn has a problem with Virgin Media ISP (and maybe other ISPs).

Annoyingly though, I already have an account on Bahn but can't remember the details, and whilst I can request a reminder/reset, the email isn't arriving, probably because my email is also on Virgin Media!

BahrainLad

How funny. I had this 503 problem all the time, using my Virgin home broadband. Just turned it off and connected via EE and it works perfectly.

peterinsurrey

it happened to me, using Virgin Media, and also a VPN. Changed to o2/Sky, no issue. Complained to Virgin, they did nothing.

peterinsurrey

phoned virgin. 6 weeks later, email reply saying they didn't have a clue & thus I cancelled my Virgin contract. I wonder if Deutsche Bahn have flagged them as a dodgy ISP?

Status
Not open for further replies.