• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Fernverkehr changing train route

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
I'm travelling Berlin HBF to Ostseebad Binz in August. I have a reservation on IC 2322. Checking on DB website that train is now rerouted and will not call at any station in Berlin. I can get an RE to Eberswalde and connect there but it leaves earlier than I was expecting. Do DB bother to notify people that their connections have changed? I have in the past had occasion to get a new reservation at Berlin HBF because an ICE had been substituted by an IC and my connection wouldn't be met, I wasn't informed of that either

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dutchflyer

Established Member
From own experience, though most of my DB-trips went fine, except for the now more-or-less usual tiny delay:
yes, I've always got @mail notice for this, but in general only a week or so in advance. There may still be (its 3 monthes from now) other changes that may again effect your journey. It seems quite strange to me that its main homebase for that train-seaseeking Berliners- would be omitted.
Also: due to Germany's very stringent ''privacy'' regulations, you MUST give DB permission to even send you such mails! I think you can set that in your customer profile (assuming you have that-you can also use it to earn ''bahnbonus'' points).

eastwestdivide

Established Member
I've had a similar occurrence, maybe 3-4 years ago, admittedly with less of a repercussion than the train omitting the departure station.
Booked months ahead, between Munich and Heidelberg on an IC, but on boarding, we found that it was omitting the Heidelberg stop. I had a word with the guard when she checked the tickets (printed online tickets with the itinerary). She wrote something on the back, didn't seem phased by the change, and we ended up changing at Mannheim to head back to Heidelberg.
Didn't get any notifications before we saw the departure boards at Munich. Maybe the privacy regulations, or possibly because I booked without logging in - obviously they had my email address in order to send the PDF ticket in the first place.

Groningen

Established Member
In my eyes you can not get reservations for a train that does not run. The RE runs via Neustrelitz and Neubrandenburg and change in Stralsund. There is an IC 2424 departing Berlin Hbf at 15.46 and arriving in Binz at 19.29 on August 13th, 2019.

Spoorslag '70

They do have a feature called "Verspätungs-Alarm" which should send an E-mail when any alterations take place (I have recieved such messages but they were of no great use as - for me - they only seem to arrive just before depature and have almost no information, just something along the lines of "Your journey might have changed" and a link to the normal website).

When exactly are you travelling? IC2322 should be calling at Berlin-Lichtenberg (vice -Südkreuz, -Hbf and Gesunbrunnen) on the 17th of August - it's a relativley quick S-Bahn journey there. https://bauinfos.deutschebahn.com/berlin-bb should give some information about planned work.

D6700

As per the above, I've received emails about changes to my booked trains - often just a platform change. As has been suggested, it can be quite a chore actually finding out the specific change, but at least it gives you the heads up.

cornishjohn

I have had automatic email advice of train alterations one and two years ago. Two years ago my Hannover-Amsterdam train got cancelled, and one year ago Hamburg-Hannover got cancelled.

I bought my tickets through my account on the the DB website. On both occasions I took my original itinerary and (print at home) ticket to a major DB travel center who organised new reservations with no fuss at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.