• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DDA Compliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

THarris123

Established Member
Quick question...

What happens to companies that don't meet the deadline for DDA compliance?

I certainly can't see First and some of the small operators in the west meeting the deadlines. First still has well over 1,000 non compliant buses.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Some of the rather "wooly" statements made by politicians and certain civil servants on the rail final date compliance part of the Equalities Act have made me wonder if the bus aspect final DDA compliance date will be equally made unclear.

PeterC

Established Member
It all rather depends on what the compliance issues are. A destination display a couple of points "too small" would probably get an exception.

THarris123

Established Member
For First, depends what the 1000 consist of? Also, a lot of indies will operate on closed school services

The 1000 (or to be nearer the figure 1300) consists of about 450 deckers and 850 singles (and no before you ask I haven't got that from Steve White - I've got it from a whole range of websites). Still a lot of B10s, Darts and Marshalls that need to go in Firsts fleet. West Yorkshire appear to be the worst with 192 vehicles that need to go (First S&A/Bristol - 103 buses now). The depots are getting there and I think they will probably be left with the better B10s after the single deadline, but still probably about 200 odd will be left (unless the fork out for 600+ single decks next year (pretty unlikely)).

Last edited:

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
The 1000 (or to be nearer the figure 1300) consists of about 450 deckers and 850 singles (and no before you ask I haven't got that from Steve White - I've got it from a whole range of websites). Still a lot of B10s, Darts and Marshalls that need to go in Firsts fleet. West Yorkshire appear to be the worst with 192 vehicles that need to go (First S&A/Bristol - 103 buses now). The depots are getting there and I think they will probably be left with the better B10s after the single deadline, but still probably about 200 odd will be left (unless the fork out for 600+ single decks next year (pretty unlikely)).

For FWY, you've got 46 Olympians. Then you've got 55 aged Scanias and B10BLEs plus a handful (5?) of Darts/B6s. So 106 but 8 Streetlites are due.

I guess the others are W/X regs that they may spend a little bit to make them DDA compliant. Same as in FSA land - those W reg Renowns don't need much to make them ok. I'd suspect an order of c.500 vehicles for next year with 80 DDs and the rest singles and Solos - let's see how daft I look when they release the 2015 order in Jan.

Last edited:
If DVSA find a vehicle that has passed the time limit without a DDA certificate operating a local registered service it will be issued with a PG9. To have the certificate all the modifications need to be undertaken and the bus presented for certification. There are therefore no 'minor infringements'. Either the bus is certified or not. As is pointed out above, the bus can be used on any work other than local registered bus service, hence the need for DVSA to actually find a non compliant bus working a local registered service for the infringement to be dealt with.
There is no question of First not meeting the deadline. The group has a complete plan, down to every individual vehicle, detailing which are certificated, which can and will be modified, and which will be replaced. All that have to be replaced will have been replaced in time. Remember that this is just single deck buses, and First has a very large order scheduled for next year, which may increase further.

Status
Not open for further replies.