• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Difficulties resolving Oyster problems

Haywain

Veteran Member
So, I travelled in London on Saturday using two Oyster cards (it's complicated ...), and when I checked my account on Sunday one of them had a missing touch out while the other had a problem because I'd entered Highbury & Islington station just in time to hear that not trains were running on the Victoria line, so I left again to get a bus. Inevitably, I was charged for that. After waiting a couple of days for the issues to be automatically resolved, they weren't so I had to deal with it. However, I have been unable to do anything online as after I selected the relevant option I was redirected to the log-in page, and the same keeps happening. I had to resort to phoning and spending 15 minutes on the phone to get two simple issues resolved. Last time I had a problem the phone number was coming back as not working so I had to resort to email, with an exchange that lasted the best part of two weeks! Am I just unlucky in experiencing problems getting through to someone top help, and being unable to use an online option or is this quite normal?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Snow1964

Established Member
Long while since I had to sort anything, it took two phone calls (and lot of waiting), you know the drill, your call is important to us, but we can't be bothered to staff the call centre properly, so you can wait ages

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Long while since I had to sort anything, it took two phone calls (and lot of waiting), you know the drill, your call is important to us, but we can't be bothered to staff the call centre properly, so you can wait ages
I have a feeling the call centre is now outsourced rather than with TfL staff, so that’ll only enhance the experience you receive…

bcarmicle

I emailed the Oyster team about a refund just before Christmas and had a reply two working days later, and the refund ready onto FUL a working day after that.