• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Doncaster Wabtec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
What kind of work is taking place at Doncaster Wabtec nowadays? i've passed a couple of times and the shunter seems quite busy, or are they just shunting for shuntings sake? I know there's a rake of GBRf hoppers in there...

What goes on there?

Ta!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Most refurbishments of stock from around the country. For example they are in the process of doing internal refurbishments for the Tyne and Wear Metro at present.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Repainting of East Coasts’ mark 4 rakes
Refurbishment of Scotrails’ class 320 EMUs
Refurbishment of NXEAs’ class 321 EMUs
A thorough refurbishment of the Tyne and Wear Metrocars
Power door fitting to loco hauled mark 3 carriages (I think).

They also undertook the refurbishments of Southerns’ 313s and Merseyrails’ 507s and 508s not too long ago.

So in short, there’s plenty of activity going on at Wabtec: As 142094 says, they are fortunate in being awarded a lot of the refurbishment contracts that come up for grabs. I think they do wheelset changes on wagons as well and there's probably a few things I've omitted.

Boothby97

Established Member
They also are joint refurbishing SETs 465/466 fleet with Railcare Wolverton. There does seem to be a few car carriers in the West Yard and hoppers inside the works itself
Thanks, Sam

driver9000

Established Member
Vehicle repairs can be undertaken there too. This includes accident damage repair too.

Status
Not open for further replies.