• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dual Braked Diesels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamieP

Hi all would anyone happen to have any pictures of the brake components from a dual braked diesel preferably from a 47. I.e DV2 valve, pressure control valve.?

Many thanks in advance.

Jamie

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

We have probably got examples of each in our stores that we can photograph. What do you need the photos for?

jamieP

We have probably got examples of each in our stores that we can photograph. What do you need the photos for?

To know what they look like for my own research and learning. I would on a duel braked steam engine but to get to the parts you would need to remove the floor what can be a pain to do.

Which loco do you work on? We have designed and advised on installation of various ar brake systems on steam locomotives. We also overhaul the components and complete fitness to run brake tests.. Our paths have probably crossed before now.

edit: noticed your comments about 60009 on another thread. Are you support crew on No. 9? We overhauled the valves and supported LNWR Heritage at Crewe in the air system installation and coompleted the brake test

Last edited:

jamieP

Yea 60009 mate and the K4. Most likely have meet before at some point.

Was meaning to get pictures then but never had time to.

Would you also have the air brake system diagram to hand?

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.