• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Early Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprog

Established Member
thing is!

curently its a sack of skiiit!

you shoud flaming see it!!!

bits missing (seat cusions, cab indicator lights, broken seals, knackard windscreen wipers etc, rubbers, seizzed components, poor external condition), these things are treated like crap over canton and when it come to exams this amkes it twice as hard....

when..or if (?!) they are overhauled...they should start from scratch and rennew alot of it,,, cus tbh, thats whats needed..most stuffs knackard...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

At SPM do you have a good supply of canton tape?

WT33BY.JPG

devon_metro

Established Member
:lol:

That's what i was guna say ;)

Blame the (HELLFIRE) Welsh at their little (HELLFIRE) depot that steals stuff from our (HELLFIRE) Trains. (When referring to our i am referring to (HELLFIRE) fGW and as i live in (HELLFIRE) fGWs (HELLFIRE) area i can refer to it as 'Our')

Yup Canton also put 150s out on (HELLFIRE) 158 booked Gloucester>PNZ

Should be better when all of the (HELLFIRE) unit's move to (HELLFIRE) SPM!

Good to have Sprog fixing them and those (HELLFIRE) HSTs

;)

Beat that Chaz and Craig ;)
12 Hellfires including this one and those ones ;)

Truly Hellfireingly hellfire this topic is turning out to be

I fogot to mention... Canton tape is HELLFIRE

Make that 13 :p

Techniquest

Veteran Member
If this is the new generation of enthusiast, then things will be going from bad to worse...The media hates us now, wait until this lot become fully-fledged bashers...

Guinness

Established Member
Liam said:
Beat that Chaz and Craig ;)
12 Hellfires including this one and those ones ;)

Most are in Brackets. That isn't HELLFIRE at all....... ;)

Guinness

Established Member
Joe H said:
Bad omen? 43040 "Bristol St Philip's Marsh" is literally dead on rear of a set. Probably failed!

The Curse of Sproggy Begins.....

16CSVT2700

Established Member
43002 went pop today as well!

Feckin vandal!! :lol:
[EDIT]
Simming said:
better than some of the crap thats posted though!
Bit like the contents of this thread then
:lol: :lol: :thefinge::thefinge:

(You know I kid sproggers :lol: )

TheSlash

Established Member
WSXFan said:
If this is the new generation of enthusiast, then things will be going from bad to worse...The media hates us now, wait until this lot become fully-fledged bashers...
Taxi for "Whatsmynamethisweek-Fan"
Ease up mate, i don't say hellfire etc, but even i could tell he was having a laugh and a joke. :headbang:
Sprog, useless!! You've been in the job 72 hours and already they're failing, gawd knows what 4 years will bring ;)

Jim

Established Member
43030 is going well still, good to see you haven't had a chance to sort 153318's CLAG problem

Sprog

Established Member
030 is abit poorly this week:

Sprog said:
...the powercar paired with 43041 on set LA40 was 43030 :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)

It was todays standby set....

...but, 030 is having traction motor problems (hence Notch 5 being taped out), so last i heard the set was being turned via Lawrence Hill and BTM and then after it returned to SPM, 030 was gonna be taken off and repaired,

I helped prep the set :) between helping finish the Balanced 'A' on 153382 (YES, its STILL there!! :shock: :lol: :lol: )

[ http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9068 ]

Sprog

Established Member
004 was at SPM on Wednesday on a set, parked on 'D' road until it was needed:

004MTU-A.jpg

004MTU-B.jpg

004MTU-heads.jpg

Impressive, those series 4's are

But the engine is kept at a constant 30 degrees when shut down!

It had been 'off' for around 3 hours and it was roasting in that engine room!!!!!

Liam said:
004 is quite simply crap!

009 is the best MTU :p

Why at 30'c?
I would presume that it's so that it doesn't put stress on the metal. Obviously it isn't good if a metal keeps going form hot to cold etc because of expansion etc. 66s take a while to cool down aswell. Would make it easier to start it up aswell I would imagine.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Think thats right..
Engines don't like cold starts, especially diesel engines because they're designed to get up and go AFAIK.
Thats my understanding anyway....

If a 66 has been left for a long time it can take them up to 20 minutes to start up. They also turn one revolution before hte engine starts just to check everything is hunkydorie. ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Don't they do that with every single loco/power care/unit anyway? Much like revving a car's engine for short, heavy sessions to ensure the engine is working.

Nice shots of 004's engine! That's something those petrolheads don't have, a monsterously powerful engine! Something to be proud of!

Guinness

Established Member
WSXFan said:
Nice shots of 004's engine! That's something those petrolheads don't have, a monsterously powerful engine! Something to be proud of!

And there I was thinking how proud I was of my Lawnmower Engine. :(

Guinness

Established Member
Jamie said:
You've got a lawnmower engine? Christ, I was just happy with my legs!

I might hook it up to someone with a Wheelchair using the BR Swindon or BR Doncaster Wheelchair ramp tomorrow at GCR 4-CIG Weekend*. ;)

*Again, harmless advertising. ;)

TheSlash

Established Member
We have something like 2.5 litre diesel engines on our transits. Whenever i start our van, i always hold the accelerator down for about 10 seconds after 'i am sure i got it'. This quickly warms the engine, ensuring oil and engine reaches working temperature. Also i am used to diesel units where you need to have a higher engine rev to drive the composer quicker, to reduce the time lost waiting for a unit to pump up

The compressors on 66 are driven directly from the engine so the engine revs up when pumping up the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.