• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Yorkshire Round Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennorthyork

Can anyone tell me what advantage the East Yorkshire Round Robin at £19 gives over an Anytime Return from York - Beverley £18.90?

Also, does anyone know why, under the list of special offer fares on nationalrail.co.uk, different offers appear under the A-Z, the Regional and the by train company lists, eg. the East Yorkshire Round Robin which doesn't appear under the A-Z or Regional lists!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
;) You don't necessarily have to start/finish at York, maybe?

EastYorkshireRoundRobin.jpg

bennorthyork

That's true of course :) I did look at fares between other pairs of stations on the map though and the maximum cost seemed to be £19 off peak.

Andrew

Is there an easement for Scarborough on the normal ticket? Otherwise you'd be doubling back Seamer - Scarborough. And would the Round Robin be valid on multiple journeys? So for some pairs of stations it might be better to get the Round Robin?!

John @ home

Established Member
Is there an easement for Scarborough on the normal ticket? Otherwise you'd be doubling back Seamer - Scarborough.
Scarborough Group comprises Scarborough and Seamer. This allows doubling back between the two Group stations provided that the Group is on a permitted route between the origin and destination printed on the ticket, but this does not apply where the origin or destination are part of Scarborough Group.
would the Round Robin be valid on multiple journeys?
Yes.

John

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
According to www.nationalrail.co.uk, the "East Yorkshire Round Robin" is "a circular journey in either direction with a flexible hop on and off ticket" but I'm not sure that you could legitimately make more than the one trip around the circuit.

John @ home

Established Member
According to www.nationalrail.co.uk, the "East Yorkshire Round Robin" is "a circular journey in either direction with a flexible hop on and off ticket" but I'm not sure that you could legitimately make more than the one trip around the circuit.
The East Yorkshire Round Robin leaflet states The East Yorkshire Round Robin is just one of many Day Ranger tickets available across the Northern Rail network. A Day Ranger is described here:
Northern Rail said:
Day Ranger Tickets give you the freedom to explore all over the North by train, there are 1001 things to see and do. Just hop on and off the train as many times as you wish.
http://www.northernrail.org/offers/dayrangers
I'm not sure that you could legitimately make more than the one trip around the circuit.
How would they know?
Mcr Warrior did say legitimately. We do try to offer advice on legitimate use of railway tickets. As it happens, unlimited travel is allowed during the validity of this ticket.

John

MCR247

Established Member
Mcr Warrior did say legitimately. We do try to offer advice on legitimate use of railway tickets. As it happens, unlimited travel is allowed during the validity of this ticket.

John

john, I meant it as, if it was in the rules, How could/would they inforce it?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Can anyone tell me what advantage the East Yorkshire Round Robin at £19 gives over an Anytime Return from York - Beverley £18.90?
The round robin allows unlimited journeys around the circle including doubling back.

York to Beverley Anytime is £31.70. The fare you quote at £18.90 is a York-Beverley Anytime Day route Hull which is not valid via Malton. Both these tickets are, however, additionally valid via Leeds or via Donkeycaster, which the Round Robin does not permit.

John @ home

Established Member
john, I meant it as, if it was in the rules, How could/would they inforce it?
No probs. And it seems there would be no doubt when using any of Northern's Round Robins because the Ticket type shown on the ticket is DAY RANGER.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.