• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR 1L06 - 06:47 Liverpool-Norwich - Saturday 25/03/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
I've noticed this train has been only one unit (2 car 158) on Saturdays to the best of my knowledge of late.

This Saturday, Derby are playing away at Peterborough and I know for a fact that a lot of my fellow fans from the east side of Derbyshire will be using this service from Chesterfield (08:55), Alfreton (09:06) & Nottingham (09:29).

As Derby have sold almost 3,800 tickets for this game, is there any evidence that EMR planners will take this into account and put on a double unit (or better)? I fear it might become a bit of a bun-fight if not!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim Jehosofat

Why do you need to arrive at Peterborough at 10.39 for a 15.00 kick off? There's plenty of trains that will get there in time. As for strengthening the train to a double unit, what services would you suggest EMR cancel to faciltate this?

Established Member
Why do you need to arrive at Peterborough at 10.39 for a 15.00 kick off? There's plenty of trains that will get there in time. As for strengthening the train to a double unit, what services would you suggest EMR cancel to faciltate this?
Pub!

50002Superb

I've noticed this train has been only one unit (2 car 158) on Saturdays to the best of my knowledge of late.

This Saturday, Derby are playing away at Peterborough and I know for a fact that a lot of my fellow fans from the east side of Derbyshire will be using this service from Chesterfield (08:55), Alfreton (09:06) & Nottingham (09:29).

As Derby have sold almost 3,800 tickets for this game, is there any evidence that EMR planners will take this into account and put on a double unit (or better)? I fear it might become a bit of a bun-fight if not!
You might be better going to Leicester and then jumping on a connection from there.

I live in Long Eaton and would always go that route when travelling to Cambridge as I often do

Kite159

Veteran Member
You might be better going to Leicester and then jumping on a connection from there.

I live in Long Eaton and would always go that route when travelling to Cambridge as I often do
And onto a highly likely 3 coach XC Flymo with no legroom (if you get lucky with a seat).

Best way would be to take a Skegness train from Nottingham to Grantham for a LNER to Peterborough.

Status
Not open for further replies.