• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR Class 360's

Trainman40083

Tha ks everyone for the explanation. Seems far from ideal though, because Three Bridges would be south of St Pancras and therefore not accessible for the 360s. I knew about work being done at Northampton but there's no easy way of getting there - for example, a passenger wanting to travel from Wellingborough (on the MML) to Northampton would have to go via Leicester and Nuneaton, so I assume trains would have to take a similar route (or, as mentioned, going via a London spur). In either case, they can't go via their own traction.

The more concerning thing is, if EMR are keeping the 360s long term (instead of getting more bi-modes like the 80x) then I can't see a way of this situation improving, not whilst major maintenance facilities are not on the MML. I've also not heard of such low reliability figures before - 11 or less out of 21 is not good!
Class 360s going to Northampton for maintenance get dragged along the Bedford to Bletchley section, then up to Northampton

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums