• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Explosion near München HBF - WWII Bomb detonates on construction site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
How long before Boris Johnson, Liz Truss or Lord Frost starts proclaiming the sturdiness and reliability of British manufacturing exports. It still works over seventy-five years after it was sent abroad.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
How long before Boris Johnson, Liz Truss or Lord Frost starts proclaiming the sturdiness and reliability of British manufacturing exports. It still works over seventy-five years after it was sent abroad.
until someone then points out that it actually didn’t work when it was meant to? :lol:

gordonthemoron

Established Member
It's more likely to have been American

JKF

Hope the injured recover quickly, don’t want anyone becoming the last known victim of WW2 (a title that I believe was held by two unfortunates whose piling rig encountered a WW2 bomb in Germany in the 1990s, at least according to the guy running the ordnance recognition training I did about a decade ago).

Edit: Malaysia 2017 was the last known fatality I could find with a bomb detonating on a construction site in Kuala Lumpar. Grim that the death continues 70 years on.

StephenHunter

Established Member
Hope the injured recover quickly, don’t want anyone becoming the last known victim of WW2 (a title that I believe was held by two unfortunates whose piling rig encountered a WW2 bomb in Germany in the 1990s, at least according to the guy running the ordnance recognition training I did about a decade ago).

Edit: Malaysia 2017 was the last known fatality I could find with a bomb detonating on a construction site in Kuala Lumpar. Grim that the death continues 70 years on.
Still people dying from Great War ordnance in France I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.