• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EYMS Fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashworth

Established Member
Am I missing something or are East Yorkshire Motor Services fares exceptionally high especially for their day and weekly rover tickets. Looking at their website it appears that the Go Anywhere Day Ticket is £12.50 and they do not seem to do an all areas weekly ticket. Similar day tickets in most other parts of the country are usually priced between £6 and £9. Even multi-operator tickets in some parts of the country covering vast areas are no more than £10. I wouldn't like to guess the price of a weekly ticket, even if they did one, as weekly tickets just for journeys between 2 places on one route like York to Beverley appear to be approx £50. Am I getting it wrong and not reading their Fares details correctly.

I've used weekly tickets all over the country and never found any as expensive as these. Even a Stagecoach North West 7 Day Ticket covering all their routes from Chester up through Merseyside, Lancashire, The Lake District and into Scotland to Dumfries is just under £30.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harbouring

Southern Vectis on the Isle of Wight is £10 for 24 hrs or £15 for 48 hrs although a group (up to 5 people) is £25 per 24 hr. This is an area which is smaller than The others mentioed above though.

Tourist areas + little to no competition does seem to lead to some excessive prices.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Just looking at their website the £12.50 ticket covers their entire network including Hull, Scarborough, York and Goole.* If you just use their services in the Hull area you can get a £4.20 day ticket or an £11.50 weekly ticket, if you just use their services in the Scarborough area you can get a £4.30 day ticket or an £11 weekly ticket. Their single fares start at £1.40. They also offer discounts to those who buy using a prepaid card or who buy on the app. Their weekly 'go anywhere' ticket appears to be £39.50 or a monthly version for £139.50.

* Worth noting Arriva Yorkshire's day ticket excludes Scarborough and Whitby and I don't think it includes services operated under their 'Yorkshire Tiger' brand.

Last edited by a moderator:

ashworth

Established Member
Their weekly 'go anywhere' ticket appears to be £39.50 or a monthly version for £139.

Thanks. That's the one I was looking for. I couldn't find the weekly ticket anywhere on their website.

In the Scarborough and Whitby area the North East Explorer £10 Day Ticket is available and valid on Arriva buses and can be used on a number of operators right up the East Coast from there to Berwick upon Tweed. I found that very useful when I was staying in Newcastle a few weeks ago. That wouldn't be of any use to me though if I was staying in York or Beverley which I'm planning on doing in November.

darloscott

Thanks. That's the one I was looking for. I couldn't find the weekly ticket anywhere on their website.

In the Scarborough and Whitby area the North East Explorer £10 Day Ticket is available and valid on Arriva buses and can be used on a number of operators right up the East Coast from there to Berwick upon Tweed. I found that very useful when I was staying in Newcastle a few weeks ago. That wouldn't be of any use to me though if I was staying in York or Beverley which I'm planning on doing in November.

There is also a Yorkshire Coast ticket valid throughout on services X4 and X93 between Middlesbrough & Whitby/Scarborough. Not to mention Arriva NE's all zone day ticket is only £8

First Norfolk Network Zone ticket is £12 - this seems to be fairly standard for operators with long distance routes.

Woody91

EYMS fares are pretty much standard for the area, single and return wise, on a par with the likes of Coastliner. I guess the "go anywhere" day ticket reflects this.

An interesting point to note is that you CAN use the EYMS Go-Anywhere ticket on STAGECOACH workings on the Humber FastCat 350 from Hull to Scunthorpe, and I believe the same applies to EYMS workings with regards Stagecoach tickets.

SCH117X

Established Member
Most operators running services in / into North Yorkshire have higher fares due to the appalling rate the County Council pay them for journeys made by concessionary pass holders. This is usually most noticeable on single fares which typically are not much less than a return but their is a knock on effect across the whole ticket range

Status
Not open for further replies.