• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FA Cup Final 3rd June strikes query

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi all,

I think I read that Avanti ran an hourly service on 13th May between Euston and Liverpool to support Eurovision? If that's true, can we expect the same on 3rd June for the FA Cup final (albeit between Manchester and Euston)?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bertie the bus

Established Member
13th May was an RMT strike and 3rd June is an ASLEF strike. It is a lot easier to train random staff as guards than it is drivers so I wouldn't bank on much or anything running.

The Snap

Established Member
13th May was an RMT strike and 3rd June is an ASLEF strike. It is a lot easier to train random staff as guards than it is drivers so I wouldn't bank on much or anything running.
Ahh I see! I didn't realise it was different unions on different weekends.

Will see what happens...

Thanks.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Avanti, Chiltern, and London Northwestern are all currently saying they won't be running anything on 3rd June.

I'd hazard a guess that London Overground might not serve Wembley Central either. I know Chiltern haven't served Wembley Stadium during LU strikes on event days in the past due to safety concerns.

zwk500

Veteran Member
Locomotive Services Limited will no doubt run some strike-busting trains.
I wouldn't be surprised if all the charter companies were asked to provide Manchester-London trains of some description, although not sure how many sets and drivers they'd be able to provide (assuming things like the Northern belle and VSOE Pullman aren't going to released for 'ordinary' Footex duties, they'll have the hospitality guests on board).

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Hi all,

I think I read that Avanti ran an hourly service on 13th May between Euston and Liverpool to support Eurovision? If that's true, can we expect the same on 3rd June for the FA Cup final (albeit between Manchester and Euston)?

Thanks.

On the above page it states "Please do not attempt to travel on Avanti West Coast on 31 May and 3 June as we will not be running any services on our routes"

Bantamzen

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if all the charter companies were asked to provide Manchester-London trains of some description, although not sure how many sets and drivers they'd be able to provide (assuming things like the Northern belle and VSOE Pullman aren't going to released for 'ordinary' Footex duties, they'll have the hospitality guests on board).
Both clubs are organising coach travel, as are the FA, and no doubt there will be supporters clubs doing the same. I doubt now there would be any demand from fans going to Wembley for charter trains. Football fans are pretty good at getting to games one way or another, so rail charters should have been organised from the off by the charter companies. I think that boat has now sailed.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I wouldn't be surprised if all the charter companies were asked to provide Manchester-London trains of some description
One set of Riviera charter stock is tied up with the BLS / Martin House tour that weekend.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi again.

I’ve just read that Grand Central are not part of the strike, and their website says they’ll be running a normal service on 3rd June.

With that in mind, does anyone know of any reason why getting to London from Brighouse to Kings X on that Saturday morning would not be viable?

Thanks

BPN2022

Don’t see how running an hourly service would benefit, surely it’ll be too overcrowded considering the mass of people travelling.

Having said that, coach operators in the North West must be doing a bit of trade on Sat 3 June!

Status
Not open for further replies.