• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Family Travelcards still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickswift99

Looking at a return journey from Didcot Parkway to Twickenham on Saturday with 3 adults and 3 children. Network railcard held. Planning to go via Zone 1 due to the engineering works on SWR.

I used the GWR site to try to get ticket prices and although it suggests travelcards, the Family Travelcard is not offered (although groupsave is).

Can anyone confirm if this product is still available or are the new GWR only FamilyTickets destined to scupper low cost family travel in London for ever?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

janb

Family Travelcard exists but no railcard discounts apply. That means that Network Railcard discount makes the normal Off Peak Travelcards a cheaper travelcard option for you.

nickswift99

It doesn't if I use 1 adult and 3 kids on a Family Travelcard and then 2 adults with a Network Railcard. I think it's about £4 less.

Even if I use the GWR site with no railcard, the Family Travelcard option does not appear.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Even if I use the GWR site with no railcard, the Family Travelcard option does not appear.
You may find it on other websites, or it may be that the Family Travelcard is not offered for online purchase. Edit: the Thameslink website will offer the Family Travelcard for the journey from Didcot.

nickswift99

You may find it on other websites, or it may be that the Family Travelcard is not offered for online purchase. Edit: the Thameslink website will offer the Family Travelcard for the journey from Didcot.
Thanks. It really shouldn't be this difficult to find the best fare for a journey online, especially when using the faresetters own booking platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.