• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

EMU303

Is this simply a recognition that congestion is driving up journey times and will be reflected at bus stop electronic displays? Surely that means the same number of buses will travel less miles and as a result carry fewer total passengers?
If only AI could come up with a workable plan to reverse that trend…..

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stevenedin

Established Member
Is this simply a recognition that congestion is driving up journey times and will be reflected at bus stop electronic displays? Surely that means the same number of buses will travel less miles and as a result carry fewer total passengers?
AI can usually be tweaked if it’s the same as those route systems that couriers use.

Volvodart

Established Member
It is nothing new anyway. Some time ago, First Aberdeen used to add a minute or two onto the timetable particularly in the afternoon peak rather than adding an extra bus.

LT02 NVV

New AI driven timetables are being implemented soon, as per this Route One article
The AI part has me worried, but I will admit, having Sunday buses on the 206 actually sounds like a good idea they should have done ages ago, since that would make use of the extra E200s, E300s, and Streetlites at Dumbarton.

The AI part has me worried, but I will admit, having Sunday buses on the 206 actually sounds like a good idea they should have done ages ago, since that would make use of the extra E200s, E300s, and Streetlites at Dumbarton.
Was waiting on a 2 earlier. The next 3 buses were 22, 33 and 34 minutes. So it would appear that AI is causing chaos already. They should have been every 10 minutes. When I got off there was 3 additional 2s in as many minutes.

If this is progress think we should just go back to pen and paper

duffers2324

Expect that to be the norm by the looks of things, as for my local bus the 75, the idea of every 12mins is now between 10-15 mins at times but seems to be particularly every 13 minutes more than any other frequency within that range.

Get ready to lose easy to remember clockface times and enjoy lovely timetables that have random frequencies. Fx services that used to be bang on every 15 will now be anywhere from 12-25 minutes apart, but not the same gap everytime.

They’ve rolled it out in england already and it’s just a massive step back for passengers trying to remember a timetable
*Cough cough*
It's not just about clockface times, it's about losing even interval frequencies in favour of "between every X and Y minutes, but not equal"

Volvodart

Established Member
Was waiting on a 2 earlier. The next 3 buses were 22, 33 and 34 minutes. So it would appear that AI is causing chaos already. They should have been every 10 minutes. When I got off there was 3 additional 2s in as many minutes.

If this is progress think we should just go back to pen and paper
The changes do not start until next week.

So today I’ve seen that the agency I am registered with has a Glasgow position vacancy.

I took it upon myself to call the agency to ask who the client was, undoubtedly it is First Glasgow.

How has general reliability been recently in Glasgow? I assume that after months and months of not taking on agency staff they are starting to struggle for staff yet again given this advertisement.

Attachments

• IMG_6176.png
    IMG_6176.png
    205.3 KB · Views: 102

LT02 NVV

Has this bus re-entered service recently? The last time I asked about it, someone said it was very much for the scrapper because of how broken the engine and gears were.

Last edited by a moderator:

route101

Established Member
The Geminis are most interesting bus in the fleet now ! Are low height E400s still in the fleet?

LT02 NVV

All bar 7 are in Aberdeen now
33920 is the only one at Caledonia, the other 6 (33903, 33905, 33907, 33910, 33914, and 33921) are still at Scotstoun right now.
soon, its been back in caledonia for ages with logos and fleet numbers applied so not really sure what the holdup is
Quick question about some other Gemini buses, are buses 37187, 37189, 37190, and 37192 going to get repainted into Urban livery, or are they just going to keep their Olympia one till they get withdrawn in a few years time?

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Quick question about some other Gemini buses, are buses 37187, 37189, 37190, and 37192 going to get repainted into Urban livery, or are they just going to keep their Olympia one till they get withdrawn in a few years time?
A crystal ball would be required to tell you that, though given the paintshops still firing out Geminis you’re answer is most likely there

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
For now yes

The 6 is coping with singles deckers fine and has done for a while now.
Very true. Even dating back to before Covid - it was mainly operated by a mix of B7RLE’s and E300s anyway. The 6 doesn’t need deckers anymore and I won’t be surprised if the rest join the Aberdeen fleet in due course either. The E200EVs seem to be managing the 6 well too.

route101

Established Member
The fact that it was only a year ago that the last Eclipse buses got withdrawn from public service is really weird, like I remember when they just entered service for the first time.
Yes I remember them on the 16 and 18 when introduced.