• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Callum15632

What you've been told on Facebook is clearly rubbish. Operators can and do use buses in previous operators' liveries. There's no problem as long as any branding is removed beforehand.

By the way, if you are referring to Facebook or any other sources, forum rules require that you provide a link to and a relevant quote from that source.
Here is the proof.

Attachments

• IMG_20240507_074435.jpg
    IMG_20240507_074435.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 111

Mollman

Established Member
No one can copyright a bland allover yellow livery. All they could insist on is the removal of any logos etc. Don’t believe everything you read on FaceTube…..
You can trademark a colour so 'competitors' cannot use it, but I agree it would be ridiculous for TfGM to have done that.
https://www.businessinsider.com/colors-that-are-trademarked-2012-9
Trademarking a color simply allows a company to use a particular combination and shade of color in its own industry.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Hmmm.... is this really so important?

As well as a stipulation in the contract to run vehicles in the specific Bee Network yellow, there is also a stipulation to repaint them out of it on disposal/exiting Bee Network operations? Or it may be that First, being keen to create the right impression by repainting even short term members of the fleet into yellow, are equally keen not to run vehicles in yellow elsewhere and incur TfGM displeasure.

Whatever the reasoning, it seems rather ironic that First maintaining such standards when (in an alleged hiatus on painting prior to a new corporate scheme), there are frankly loads of vehicles running around in an array of incorrect colour schemes. First West of England has vehicles in the Aberdeen Urban 2 (albeit subtly amended for the 8), York Uni pink, Swansea or Southampton red, Bristol P&R green, as well as a number in various blue schemes though being in Bath, they actually fit in quite well. I'll add that I saw a couple of the ex Sheffield e400s in service on Fri/Sat still in urban 1. They looked fairly rough too!

Still, nothing compared to First Kernow...

stait.john

The 5 and 77 are actually booked single deck according to the running boards, so that’s 7 for LH.

I think personally that as long as the lettering and branding is removed from the bee network liveried buses, they should be ok to use, maybe it’s a case of interpretation of the rules?

John

JD2168

Hmmm.... is this really so important?

As well as a stipulation in the contract to run vehicles in the specific Bee Network yellow, there is also a stipulation to repaint them out of it on disposal/exiting Bee Network operations? Or it may be that First, being keen to create the right impression by repainting even short term members of the fleet into yellow, are equally keen not to run vehicles in yellow elsewhere and incur TfGM displeasure.

Whatever the reasoning, it seems rather ironic that First maintaining such standards when (in an alleged hiatus on painting prior to a new corporate scheme), there are frankly loads of vehicles running around in an array of incorrect colour schemes. First West of England has vehicles in the Aberdeen Urban 2 (albeit subtly amended for the 8), York Uni pink, Swansea or Southampton red, Bristol P&R green, as well as a number in various blue schemes though being in Bath, they actually fit in quite well. I'll add that I saw a couple of the ex Sheffield e400s in service on Fri/Sat still in urban 1. They looked fairly rough too!

Still, nothing compared to First Kernow...

The ex South Yorkshire Enviro 400’s look have looked messy since a number of overall adverts were removed, one was for Strongbow. Also Doncaster have removed the old FirstGroup website address off the side in a messy fashion.

Callum15632

The 5 and 77 are actually booked single deck according to the running boards, so that’s 7 for LH.

I think personally that as long as the lettering and branding is removed from the bee network liveried buses, they should be ok to use, maybe it’s a case of interpretation of the rules?

John
What will happen to the B9s that are used on there then and also will the 77 cope with single deckers?

Citistar

Seems an odd decision for the 77 which is supposed to be a strategic boost in capacity for two main corridors to be operated with single deck vehicles.

kei.8532

Seems an odd decision for the 77 which is supposed to be a strategic boost in capacity for two main corridors to be operated with single deck vehicles.
I would say the same for the 5 as well. It just got upgraded to double deckers and now it's going back to Streetlites again, how's it that helping the overcrowding problems on the 8

Callum15632

I would say the same for the 5 as well. It just got upgraded to double deckers and now it's going back to Streetlites again, how's it that helping the overcrowding problems on the 8
It still adds extra capacity along that section of route as it's an extra 2 buses an hour but when I see the 5 it usually isn't that busy. I saw it a couple times in the first week of operation but I'm not sure now. The 77 isn't that busy cause a single decker has been on the 77 a load of times since it started. That single decker being the only single decker in public service at Lawrence hill depot 47544 SN14 FFU.

Marcus Fryer

Not mentioned on here is that 39466 (YN20 CDO) has received a wrap celebrating 80 years since Bristol's first female bus driver.

Attachments

• 240513-07 First West of England 39466 (YN20 CDO).JPG
    240513-07 First West of England 39466 (YN20 CDO).JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 34