• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Five seats together on LNER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is the most appropriate forum for my query.

We are a family of five, four adults and one child travelling north from Kings Cross on a through train to Inverness in a month or so. Two of the adults and the child will alight at Waverley, the other adults will travel through to Inverness. How do we arrange to reserve seats so we can sit together? The LNER seat swap facility will only deal with four or fewer.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

We are a family of five, four adults and one child travelling north from Kings Cross on a through train to Inverness in a month or so. Two of the adults and the child will alight at Waverley, the other adults will travel through to Inverness. How do we arrange to reserve seats so we can sit together? The LNER seat swap facility will only deal with four or fewer.

Make two separate bookings and use the seat selector to pick seats together?

Or if you've already booked, either contact customer services or just make separate additional seat reservations via the website or app.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

Which day are you looking at travelling? Do you have a Family Railcard and are any other Railcards held? Are you travelling in Standard Class?

Both LNER and the forum's site allow seat selection; this is going to require two bookings but it should be possible to achieve.

Thanks for the prompt response. We have already booked and been allocated three seats in coach B and two in coach J. I have contacted customer services but no response yet.

I did a trial booking of five to Inverness and was allocated a table and a seat nearby but I can’t find this on the seat selector.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
As you've already booked, the best thing to do now would be to use the LNER 'reserve a seat' feature.

For future reference, the seat selector on both the LNER site and the forum site, are at the basket page; both highlighted in the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• seat selection.jpg
    seat selection.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.