• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flixtrain Germany - what rolling stock do they currently use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRX

Established Member
Is there any easy way to check out what stock is used on specific Flixtrain services - is it fairly consistent or do they operate quite a mix that varies by service?

(I'm quite keen to find any that are still using compartment stock, the type with slide-down windows along the corridor)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superalbs

Established Member
Is there any easy way to check out what stock is used on specific Flixtrain services - is it fairly consistent or do they operate quite a mix that varies by service?

(I'm quite keen to find any that are still using compartment stock, the type with slide-down windows along the corridor)
They are all the same carriages now, modernised in ~2020 by Talbot.

Some pictures on Vagonweb of the exterior and interior:

On Moderation
They appear to be ex-InterRegio semi-compartment vehicles, hence the odd "wavy" ceiling line and lighting arrangement.
But to be clear for the OP, the refurbishment work at Talbot has removed all the corridors/partitions and they are now fully open vehicles with new seats.

BRX

Established Member
They are all the same carriages now, modernised in ~2020 by Talbot.

Some pictures on Vagonweb of the exterior and interior:
Ah, thanks.

They appear to be ex-InterRegio semi-compartment vehicles, hence the odd "wavy" ceiling line and lighting arrangement.
Yes, I remember those Inter-regio carriages.

Seems like there's not much opportunity left to travel on the older style loco hauled stock in Germany now.

dutchflyer

Established Member
Have seen them quite a few times now the last monthes and to me they indeed all look very much the same. Loc+ those rebuilt wagons. Very often late-in that respect much comparable to DB itself.
Currently in PL-sit in a major busstation, right next to a minor train halt in Warsaw and there also those old non-AC cars etc on PKP are mostly gone-if one sees them, they are quite modernised. FlixBUS is quite big here. And the nr of coaches to Ukrayna is astonishing high-though perhaps not in the current circumstances there.
Germany bustles with all types of museums trains and these can offer what you long for.
BTW-those ex and much less rebuilt DB -INterRegio wagons are also a plenty in HUngary on MAV and Romania for CFR.

BRX

Established Member
Germany bustles with all types of museums trains and these can offer what you long for.
Do you mean on preserved lines, or on mainline railtours?

That was going to be another question, any websites/tips for seeking out enthusiast type railtours in Germany these days.

(I am able to read /speak a little German)

AdamWW

Established Member
Ah, thanks.

Yes, I remember those Inter-regio carriages.

Seems like there's not much opportunity left to travel on the older style loco hauled stock in Germany now.

Indeed.

At least as of last year, the "Alex" trains between Munich and Prague/Hof were offering some lovely (if you like that sort of thing) non air conditioned compartment coaches. In the same train as a very modern double deck coach presenting quite a contrast.

BRX

Established Member
Indeed.

At least as of last year, the "Alex" trains between Munich and Prague/Hof were offering some lovely (if you like that sort of thing) non air conditioned compartment coaches. In the same train as a very modern double deck coach presenting quite a contrast.
Ah, I should check that out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.