• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freedom pass plus senior railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Goodwin

In a station ticket office, I can easily buy a ticket from London to anywhere which credits both my London Freedom Pass AND my senior railcard. They do it by listing 'London Zone 6' as though it were a station, and only charging from the London Boundary. I can't find any way of doing this with an on-line booking. Any advice please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
In a station ticket office, I can easily buy a ticket from London to anywhere which credits both my London Freedom Pass AND my senior railcard. They do it by listing 'London Zone 6' as though it were a station, and only charging from the London Boundary. I can't find any way of doing this with an on-line booking. Any advice please?
You can't do it online, other than by buying a ticket from the last relevant station within zone 6. However, this will restrict you to travelling through that station which may be a problem for some journeys. Also be aware that in some longer distance cases there may not be a saving to be made by buying from a boundary station rather than the London terminal.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The Forum’s own ticketing site also sells Boundary Zone fares.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Can you please explain how? I couldn’t use Boundary Zone 6 as an origin so is there some different incantation? Thanks!
Go into Advanced settings and at the bottom there’s an option to say you already hold a Travelcard.

Farningham

Can you see "existing travelcard held" at the bottom?

(See screenshot)
Sorry, no. Where is that menu please? If I click on 'Advanced' on the Journey Planner page I get only this - nothing about other operators, etc.
The exact same options come up if I click on 'More options' or 'No cross-London fares'. Is it the browser? I am using Firefox.

1699727160180.png

Answering my own question: there should be a scroll bar on the right hand side of the menu above to get down to the other options. There is if I use Microsoft Edge. Not there in my version of Firefox!
Sorry to have taken up your time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.