• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner application waiting time

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TGreen

Got all my fingers and toes crossed its this year tbh. Hopefully when they lift this recruitment freeze we can get on board.

Are you still a trainee or fully passed out mate?
Yeah all passed out
I have just sent a follow up email, waiting on a reply.

it’s good to hear some positive news, did you have to resit the dmi?
Unfortunately, I did have to resit the dmi since it had been 2 years since the first one. Not sure what the actual time scale of them lapsing is.

chalkijr

Yeah all passed out

Unfortunately, I did have to resit the dmi since it had been 2 years since the first one. Not sure what the actual time scale of them lapsing is.
What depot are you at?

Well its been a year and 3 months so far for me... was it a little more relaxed or just the same would you say?

Has anyone heard anything lately regards pottential courses this year?

KyleM

What depot are you at?

Well its been a year and 3 months so far for me... was it a little more relaxed or just the same would you say?

Has anyone heard anything lately regards pottential courses this year?
I sent a catch up email at the end of April, they have no news about courses this year at the moment. Just got to keep waiting

chalkijr

I sent a catch up email at the end of April, they have no news about courses this year at the moment. Just got to keep waiting
I just hope we dont keep waiting, to then not get the call up... fingers crossed we will know more by then end of the year latest

Woodyrs

You’d like to think we would hear something June onwards. Won’t most of the current trainees be done by then ?

chalkijr

I suppose ultimately it depends on how many new drivers they need, and whether the work load has picked up again.

We received the email with letter attached back in july, and i did hear they were having a recruitment freeze for a year. So june/july would make sense to potentially hear something :lol:

I do know of a couple of drivers that have left within the last year and moves elsewhere so could bode well for us sitting in the pool.