• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GA Rail Replacement at Cambridge Today - Confusion

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Hi All,

Can someone tell me what is going on today in relation to rail replacement buses? The GA journey planner disagrees with their own literature who disagree with their own staff...

The GA literature says that rail replacement buses are running between Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds and if coming from Stansted Airport I should get a train to Cambridge, and then change for a bus to Bury and then a train for onward travel to Ispwich.

However the journey planner tells me that I should stay on the train until Cambridge North and not get off at Cambridge, where I will change for a bus from Cambridge North to Bury, then onwards travel to Ipswich by train.

The staff member I spoke to said thast the trains from Stansted are not stopping at Cambridge, I will need to get a train from Stansted to Cambridge North and then another train from Cambridge North to Cambridge, followed bya bus from Cambridge to Bury and then train to Ipswich.

I don't normally make trips during a Sunday works such as these, but it seems to be whatever you check or whoever you ask yoiu get difference answers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225_082731_Greater Anglia.jpg
    Screenshot_20240225_082731_Greater Anglia.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 16
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums