• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gateline assistant(SWR) Assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruka

I have assessment for gateline assistant(SWR)on January I tried to fine test material before assessment but no luck yet please if anyone can help me to find assessment material it’s will be big help for me .. thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Twotwo

I have assessment for gateline assistant(SWR)on January I tried to fine test material before assessment but no luck yet please if anyone can help me to find assessment material it’s will be big help for me .. thanks

They should send you a pratice pack? It's a basic English and maths test.

MiNi

I assume that you are going to Overline house in Southampton?. I believe that the gateline assessment day is,Arrive\sign in,check your documents etc. Basic maths & English tests,tests marked. Pass/fail decision given. Can be a lot of waiting around but don't know during covid times.

Ruka

No they didn’t send anything and I don’t have no clue what I’m going to face that day ..

I assume that you are going to Overline house in Southampton?. I believe that the gateline assessment day is,Arrive\sign in,check your documents etc. Basic maths & English tests,tests marked. Pass/fail decision given. Can be a lot of waiting around but don't know during covid times.
Thanks for details I just wanna get basic idea what I’m going to face ..

OliverH68

Nothing to worry about. It's really a simple few hours in Southampton with a basic Maths & English test plus ticket checking assessment. MiNi pretty much summed it up, and be prepared for a lot of waiting around.

Ruka

Nothing to worry about. It's really a simple few hours in Southampton with a basic Maths & English test plus ticket checking assessment. MiNi pretty much summed it up, and be prepared for a lot of waiting around.
Thanks for advice

SouthernOne

The English test is really easy. You have to read a piece of text and then answer multiple choice answers on it. You also get checked on basic spelling with multiple choice answers. For example, you need to put a notice on the lift to say it’s out of order. You will get four options, three are spelt badly and one is correct.

you also get a ticket checking test. You are a gateline operator at the end of the branchline Checking to see if tickets are valid.
tickets will either be valid or not, and if not, there are several reasons why not. You will need to tick the number of options that are valid with each ticket you check. If the station on the ticket is not on the branchline you work, then the ticket is not valid due to route. You also need to check the date. The time of travel, peak or off-peak. Peak tickets can be used any time, it’s the off-peak tickets you need to watch for.

They also don’t expect you to finish the test in the time given, about 70% is what you can achieve in the time given. It’s more about accuracy than quantity!

Which station have you applied for?

Superflyguy

I have the Assessment Centre tests coming up in May.
Anyone been recently?
The role is for RO2.

Many thanks

Basic Maths, English

Timetable reading (train goes from A to B how long does it take....etc) pick up a train table from somewhere and get used to reading it, looking at it and understanding it.

Set of numbers & letters will be played to you on an audio for example AM9BEM63HDR249F and you will have to write these down as you are listening to it and then it gets slightly faster.

Brush up on your Maths & English as you will be surprised how much you have forgotten over the years...

Status
Not open for further replies.