• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

xotGD

Established Member
I was just giving a daft answer!

Anyhow...

Paying by BACS is a regular thing, but what does "BACS" stand for?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peterthegreat

Established Member
Apologies for the delay.
He was born in 1958 and named after a Scottish Mountain. He found fame in North West England in 1967 and succumbed to colic in 1971.
Who was he?

SteveM70

Established Member
What was unique about the squad numbers Charlton Athletic used in the 1993/94 premier league season?

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Name the five clubs to have lost their place in the SPFL (= Scottish Professional Football League) following the introduction of end-of-season play-offs for teams finishing bottom of SPFL League 2 in season 2014/15?

SteveM70

Established Member
Ooooh

Brechin
East Stirlingshire
Cowdenbeath
Berwick Rangers

One other I can’t remember

Calthrop

Established Member
In the realm of philately, sort-of -- which vain head of state: commanded that his country's post office, use in all instances a postmark in the form of a frame around the edge of each stamp, so as not to muck-up his revered head as portrayed on said stamp?

randyrippley

Established Member
In the realm of philately, sort-of -- which vain head of state: commanded that his country's post office, use in all instances a postmark in the form of a frame around the edge of each stamp, so as not to muck-up his revered head as portrayed on said stamp?
Just a guess............Reza Shah of Iran?

DaleCooper

Established Member
Kim Il-sung

Loppylugs

King Donald of the Virgin Islands (well they were until he arrived).

Calthrop

Established Member
None of those suggested to date, I'm afraid. Re the historically-existing ones thereof (with old Donald, who knows?): the "answer guy" considerably pre-dates them all.

Calthrop

Established Member
King Zog (Just because I like the name and have never before had the opportunity to use it.)
Ah, that splendidly-named monarch. Not him, I fear -- I get the impression that he was overall sane, and a good chap; at least compared to some leaders which his country has had. As above -- our man is of earlier date, context the relatively brief historical window since postage stamps were first introduced.

Calthrop

Established Member
No -- he was funny over a fair number of issues; but doesn't seem to have had a "thing" about postmarks. Look yet earlier...