• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grimsby Town to Derby via the Brigg line

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeGee

Hello folks, a quick follow up to a question I've had before.

I'm travelling Grimsby Town to Derby (actually Birmingham, but I have to go via Derby as I'm planning on splitting tickets there) on a Friday soon.

I've realised that I might be able to make it to GMB to catch the Brigg Line train. I've never done that route and always wanted to.

I'm trying to get my head round the routeing maps, and I think that route is valid via SH+DY. Is that correct? I could go that way to Sheffield and then change to Crosscountry to continue my onward journey.

Not that I'd want to, as it would take too much time, but would I be able to change at Worksop and take a Robin Hood Line train to Nottingham, then onward to Derby?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gwr12345

Imputing a go via point on the forums ticket website, via Brigg appears to be a permitted route, and as there is an itinerary it would have to be accepted. https://tickets.railforums.co.uk/re...ass=false&flexible=false&selectionMethod=Grid
To answer whether going via the Robin hood line is valid, it appears not, no itinerary can be generated.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Imputing a go via point on the forums ticket website, via Brigg appears to be a permitted route, and as there is an itinerary it would have to be accepted. https://tickets.railforums.co.uk/results?FromStation=7062800&ToStation=7018230&Adults=1&OutboundDate=05/01/2024&OutboundTime=12:30&UseSplits=0&adv:ob:Via=7064640P&adv:ib:Via=7064640P&searchBy=0&firstClass=false&flexible=false&selectionMethod=Grid
To answer whether going via the Robin hood line is valid, it appears not, no itinerary can be generated.
That's correct - travel via Brigg and Sheffield is permitted, as is travel via Market Rasen, Lincoln and Nottingham, but not Brigg, Worksop and Nottingham.

In practice it's hard to see any member of staff considering it an unreasonable route (which, 28 years after the introduction of the Routeing Guide, is still the test that gets applied in practice!).

Status
Not open for further replies.