• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR Driver training September

Status
Not open for further replies.
Email with a load of attachments offer letter,contract,drugs alcohol policy,work wear form and trainee equipment (boot,shoes, bag),48 hr opt out,ssp personal declaration form,starter checklist (HMRC), and a link to fill in for personal references think that was all!

I shall check my inbox :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andys495

Email with a load of attachments offer letter,contract,drugs alcohol policy,work wear form and trainee equipment (boot,shoes, bag),48 hr opt out,ssp personal declaration form,starter checklist (HMRC), and a link to fill in for personal references think that was all!

Murrchine,
Just had joining instructions sent to me for Southern. As they are also part of GTR I would assume we would get similar stuff. What was your ssp, personal declaration form and starter check list all about? Just wondering if I'm missing anything? Ta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Murrchine

Murrchine,
Just had joining instructions sent to me for Southern. As they are also part of GTR I would assume we would get similar stuff. What was your ssp, personal declaration form and starter check list all about? Just wondering if I'm missing anything? Ta

Hi, I would not worry too much even though we run under the same GTR group I am finding each part of GTR seems to do things differently but to answer your questions the ssp personal declaration is a few yes/no questions to enable them to determine weather you can be given a pass to access non public areas of the railway stuff like have you ever been charged with espionage,terrorism or sabotage!
Starter check list is a HMRC form to help payroll google starter check list and have a read.
Hope this helps and well done.

andys495

Hi, I would not worry too much even though we run under the same GTR group I am finding each part of GTR seems to do things differently but to answer your questions the ssp personal declaration is a few yes/no questions to enable them to determine weather you can be given a pass to access non public areas of the railway stuff like have you ever been charged with espionage,terrorism or sabotage!

Starter check list is a HMRC form to help payroll google starter check list and have a read.

Hope this helps and well done.

Ok, I do have the first form but not the other one. I'm sure I'll get one later if I need one. Thanks anyway and hope it goes well for you.

Contract signed and returned, notice handed in at my place. Looking forward to a couple of weeks off then to the training starting on 20th September. Giddy

Wearsunscreen

The 20th of September Cant come quick enough! Its taking an age to finally get there! few questions for you guys, are we all going to black friars for the two day company induction? do you know if the training thereafter will be in blackfriars? Much of the instruction so far is pretty vague.

Murrchine

The 20th of September Cant come quick enough! Its taking an age to finally get there! few questions for you guys, are we all going to black friars for the two day company induction? do you know if the training thereafter will be in blackfriars? Much of the instruction so far is pretty vague.

Hi 20th cannot come soon enough for me either, I am having company induction at go ahead house East Croydon seems a bit odd! And have no idea where training after that.Maybe 2 courses starting on 20th just out of interest is your gtr recruitment contact Trudy-Ann?

Last edited:

Wearsunscreen

Hi 20th cannot come soon enough for me either, I am having company induction at go ahead house East Croydon seems a bit odd! And have no idea where training after that.Maybe 2 courses starting on 20th just out of interest is your gtr recruitment contact Trudy-Ann?

Hmmm are you thameslink as well? its all a bit confusing! yeah trudy ann is my contact however i have also been speaking to an emma swanwick aswell. Im hopping my training isn't in black friars as its a few line changes and a bit of a mission!!

Murrchine

Hmmm are you thameslink as well? its all a bit confusing! yeah trudy ann is my contact however i have also been speaking to an emma swanwick aswell. Im hopping my training isn't in black friars as its a few line changes and a bit of a mission!!

Not Thameslink im Great Northern makes me think 2 courses I got my offer with East Croydon as start venue on 20th a while ago so I may just send email to make sure that is still the case.

andys495

I have my two day GTR induction with Southern on the 18th October, also at Go Ahead House. Like yourselves the first day is a Wednesday. Any idea what happens on the Friday if it's only 2 days?

Murrchine

I have my two day GTR induction with Southern on the 18th October, also at Go Ahead House. Like yourselves the first day is a Wednesday. Any idea what happens on the Friday if it's only 2 days?

Think we meet our instructors on the Friday,let you know in couple of weeks.

Dandan1

Hi guys, I'm currently in training with GN. (Week 17 now)

I had my induction back in may at go ahead house. -also on a Wednesday. That's basic two day induction, not just drivers but all new staff platform office etc. The Friday is your driver specific induction, meet your instructor at your place you'll be training from, try uniform on.... that will all be wrong, then Monday the hard work starts

andys495

I had my induction back in may at go ahead house. -also on a Wednesday. That's basic two day induction, not just drivers but all new staff platform office etc. The Friday is your driver specific induction, meet your instructor at your place you'll be training from, try uniform on.... that will all be wrong, then Monday the hard work starts [emoji846] Have fun!!!!

Dandan1. Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to it. Good luck with your training.

Wearsunscreen

I had my induction back in may at go ahead house. -also on a Wednesday. That's basic two day induction, not just drivers but all new staff platform office etc. The Friday is your driver specific induction, meet your instructor at your place you'll be training from, try uniform on.... that will all be wrong, then Monday the hard work starts

Hi all. I am due to start on the 20th and my depot will be cricklewood. My induction is at St. Magnus house and my understanding is that training will be at Blackfriars.

Murrchine

Dandan1

do you find the work load manageable?? any tips for staying on top of things??

Not going to lie, Rules (so first 14 weeks) is hard work! There will be times you question if you can do it! But, I'll say what I 100% guarantee you will be told by your trainer, you get out what you put in. And that couldn't be any more the truth. As long as you put in the hours at home in the evenings too, and keep your weekends for family or whatever your priorities are.... they will get you through it. Don't put the hours in, it will show and you will show.

The course is very clever, designed to take someone with no railway experience whatsoever and it's amazing how much you know by the end of it. Just try and enjoy it really. But don't expect it to be a walk in the park, but do expect to make a few sacrifices to what may be your usual social life during the week?!!

Tomorrow's the day. Very excited to be starting this new career. Good luck to everyone else starting tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.