• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Harrogate line: Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara

I arrived at Harrogate station at about 10:05 on Saturday to catch the 10:14 to Leeds. I found a train in the Knaresborough platform which I assumed was the York train and a train already in Platform 3. As it was it turned out that the York train was running eight minutes late and hadn’t arrived yet. When I crossed to Platform 3 I was informed that the train standing there was for Leeds and Leeds only and that the train on the other platform would be crossing to form a Leeds stopping service. I assumed, therefore that the train on Platform 3 was the late-running 9:44 and that the other train was the earlier Knaresborough train which had been terminated. Does anyone know if that is correct and what the problem might have been? Anyway, as it was I enjoyed my fastest ever trip to Leeds – a mere 23 minutes. And there were some bemused-looking passengers at the intermediate stations who were, certainly at the first two or three stations, presumably awaiting the earlier stopping service.

Status
Not open for further replies.