• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Help and questions on potential prosecution

bubbles2

The email should be good enough. Don't forget to include the reference that the railway will have given - otherwise they might struggle to associate the email with your case papers.
Thanks, is there an estimated response time on emails?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bubbles2

Received an email response back stating my case would be reviewed and I would be contacted via post shortly?

Not sure if I can read anything into that whether that is good or bad? Any idea how quickly that letter could arrive? I am on holiday next week so do not want to miss it.

Brissle Girl

Established Member
It probably means it’s gone into the “more complex” pile which they can’t get sorted quickly with a settlement offer. Which wouldn’t be a surprise given the scale of the evasion.

bubbles2

It probably means it’s gone into the “more complex” pile which they can’t get sorted quickly with a settlement offer. Which wouldn’t be a surprise given the scale of the evasion.
So would that mean the next thing expected would likely be court papers or what else? In which case I will contact a solicitor as soon as received

Brissle Girl

Established Member
So would that mean the next thing expected would likely be court papers or what else? In which case I will contact a solicitor as soon as received
Not necessarily, more that I would envisage case handlers would have authority to offer settlements in straightforward low value cases, which yours clearly isn’t. For more complex high value cases there may be a review process, more decisions to be made etc. all this takes time.

Although I don’t think at this point they have all the details of your historic doughnutting (?) but know enough to ask for it, so that itself will take some time to get hold of from Trainline and then assess it.

bubbles2

Not necessarily, more that I would envisage case handlers would have authority to offer settlements in straightforward low value cases, which yours clearly isn’t. For more complex high value cases there may be a review process, more decisions to be made etc. all this takes time.

Although I don’t think at this point they have all the details of your historic doughnutting (?) but know enough to ask for it, so that itself will take some time to get hold of from Trainline and then assess it.
Thanks. So I have all that information ready, though not provided, and I guess what makes my case more difficult is that the first part of the doughnutting isnt on trainline, just the end part. I can evident the tickets I did by with bank statements etc... so have it all if needed

bubbles2

Still waiting to hear back from southeastern here and it’s been 2 weeks, anyone know an expected wait time. They emailed me saying I would get a response in the post so not sure how long that is expected to be

antharro

Remember they have up to six months to take this to court. From reading your first post, you're just about two months in, so there's plenty of time to play with. Try to put it out of your mind for now; they'll get back to you when they get back to you.

MotCO

Established Member
The longer they take to get back to you, the longer you have to save for any financial settlement they may offer you. If they make an offer, you will only have limited time to pay it. So start saving!