• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Italian mileage gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minilad

Established Member
I am having a little jaunt to Rome next week and have been trying to find some gen for Italian mileages without much success.
The Schweers and Wall Italian atlas appears to be out of print and unavailable and Steve Clarke doesn't cover Italy with his mileage books.

So does anyone have, or know of a source, any mileage data for Italy. Specifically the Rome area and the Rome metro

MTIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
I am having a little jaunt to Rome next week and have been trying to find some gen for Italian mileages without much success.
The Schweers and Wall Italian atlas appears to be out of print and unavailable and Steve Clarke doesn't cover Italy with his mileage books.
So does anyone have, or know of a source, any mileage data for Italy. Specifically the Rome area and the Rome metro

I've got a copy of the Schweers Italy atlas.
It doesn't have distance data for the inner Rome metro, but it does cover the 3 outer suburban lines (to Viterbo, Lido and Pantano) as well as the FS lines.
If you have specific questions, I can relay some data if you like.
I'm not very familiar with Rome myself, although I have passed through by train, and out to Fiumicino.

Minilad

Established Member
That's great thanks. If you don't mind I will get in contact on my return with details. It will probably just be Fiumicino to Terminal. A trip out to Ostia Antica and maybe a few little local trips.
Much appreciated. I just wish I had purchased a copy when I had the chance!

Crossover

Established Member
Just to bump this, can anyone help with mileage from Rome Termini to Napoli Centrale - via the high speed line?

Also, mileages for Barberini to Ottaviano in Rome and Garibaldi to Municipio on Naples Metro, though these aren't as important as the distances are tiny

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Just to bump this, can anyone help with mileage from Rome Termini to Napoli Centrale - via the high speed line?
Also, mileages for Barberini to Ottaviano in Rome and Garibaldi to Municipio on Naples Metro, though these aren't as important as the distances are tiny

Assuming I'm reading the S&W atlas properly: Roma Termini-Napoli Centrale via LAV is 222.4km.
It's 248.8 on the old line via Cassino/Caserta, and 216.0 via the coast line and Campi Flegrei into P.Garibaldi from the west.

It doesn't give distances for the inner metro lines in Rome and Naples.

Last edited:

Crossover

Established Member
Assuming I'm reading the S&W atlas properly: Roma Termini-Napoli Centrale via LAV is 222.4km.
It's 248.8 on the old line via Cassino/Caserta, and 216.0 via the coast line and Campi Flegei into P.Garibaldi from the west.

I was expecting around 225km as that is the road mileage centre to centre so 222.4km sounds about right

Not bad to say we did it in around 66 minutes heading to Naples - pretty high average speed! (Return not quite so quick due to a problem on the line, we think)

Senex

Established Member
It's 248.8 on the old line via Cassino/Caserta, and 216.0 via the coast line and Campi Flegei into P.Garibaldi from the west.

The S&W atlas 222.4 is confirmed by RFI info that gives 222.39 km Roma Termini to Napoli Centrale.

Status
Not open for further replies.