• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Law and Order UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM2

Established Member
Anyone see this, about a train that crashes into a car that has been driven onto the line? You can see it here: https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/law-and-order-uk
Just trying to work out what the stock is and where it was filmed?
The stock is in a fictitious livery but supposedly was running from Portsmouth Harbour to Waterloo. It looks like ex-Virgin Mk3s, with some kind of cab welded on?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DeRobeck

Last night's episode of the ITV drama series "Law and Order UK" featured a fatal train crash. The props were a set of disguised Virgin Mark 2s with a fake driving cab at one end which had run into a car at a crossing. This had caused 15 fatalities on the train although the train didn't look too damaged and remained upright. I wondered if anyone knew anything about this, where it was filmed, etc? It was part 1 of 2 - the concluding episode being next Sunday.

fgwrich

Established Member
WCRC Southall was the filming location. If you look closely, there's a maroon Mk1 just sat in the distance towards the end. Funnily enough, those would have been the ex VT Mk2s collected from Eastleigh and Kineton too.

Boothby97

Established Member
The coach that saw the main use, was 5943, which is at Southall (which has been mentioned)

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Looks as if we have two threads here on the same topic. From the times the OP was posted (2 mins diff) it would appear that the second poster wouldn't have been aware of the original one.

ryan125hst

Established Member
Is this a repeat by any chance? I can remember my Dad watching something about a month ago. The carriages I saw match the description above. I didn't watch the program, I was probably downstairs having a cup of tea! I think I actually rewound it to have a closer look.

sn1975

I don't think it's a repeat - but they showed a clip on This Morning, I think it was, when Bradley Walsh was doing the rounds promoting it.

Bedpan

Established Member
Talk about inaccuracies! The train crash scene, the mechanics of the accident, Streatham (the district not the station) being on the route, the postal district of Strand being shown as W1, and Westminster as W1, a murder trial at the Royal Courts of Justice, not forgetting the look of absolute horror on the passenger's face when the train's horn sounded, to name but four. (Don't read on if you are going to watch the programme) - And surely there may be a chance of somebody who had hanged themselves being resuscitated, so who did they all just stand there gorking at the end?

IanD

Established Member
Talk about inaccuracies! The train crash scene, the mechanics of the accident, Streatham (the district not the station) being on the route, the postal district of Strand being shown as W1, and Westminster as W1, a murder trial at the Royal Courts of Justice, not forgetting the look of absolute horror on the passenger's face when the train's horn sounded, to name but four. (Don't read on if you are going to watch the programme) - And surely there may be a chance of somebody who had hanged themselves being resuscitated, so who did they all just stand there gorking at the end?

It's not real, it's a drama made for entertainment purposes.

CC 72100

Established Member
It's not real, it's a drama made for entertainment purposes.

Also noticed that early one, with one of the in-train shots following the crash, there's a pair of blue flash moquette seats with a different design that have appeared, despite the fact that the rest of the train has blue virgin WC seating.

(Come on, you know things like this are going to get analysed on here ;))

bnm

Established Member
Why do I need to watch three 30 second adverts just to see this?

Adblock or Adblock Plus. Ideal for avoiding adverts on ITV, Ch4 and Ch5's catch up services.

Don't forget to whitelist this forum though.;)

A0wen

On Moderation
With this kind of junk passing as a detective series John Thaw must be spinning in his grave.

It's hardly a detective series in the Morse / Lewis mould in any case.

I assume you actually watched it to make that comment and the comment is based on more than just the fact that the 'train crash' used a mock-up of a few items of loco hauled stock, rather than trashing a genuine EMU?

Status
Not open for further replies.