• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leicester to Heathrow National Express any data on arrival times?

suzanneparis

Hello can anyone please help with some information.

I need to be at Heathrow at about 4.45am. Departing from Leicester.

I can't do it by train so am planning on using the National Express coach that departs Leicester at 01:45am and is timed to arrive in Heathrow at 04:40am.

Does anyone know of any data that gives arrival times for this journey? In other words how likely is it that it will be more than half an hour late?

Thanks for any help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northern506

I can't do it by train so am planning on using the National Express coach that departs Leicester at 01:45am and is timed to arrive in Heathrow at 04:40am.

Does anyone know of any data that gives arrival times for this journey? In other words how likely is it that it will be more than half an hour late?

Thanks for any help

You could view previous tracking history here to see how the service has been operating recently.

Look for the 00:10 departure from Derby which is the starting point. For example, today the service arrived at Heathrow 10 minutes early: https://bustimes.org/services/230-nottingham-heathrow-airport/vehicles#journeys/576095189

Temple Meads

Established Member
I've looked back through the last week on the bustimes.org history and it has run punctually - Monday didn't track, but this is likely to be a GPS error.

However I would urge the usual caution when using intercity coaches, especially if you have a flight to catch. Breakdowns and motorway hold-ups can happen at any time of day, and you also have the possibility of night time roadworks. I see there is a 2345 230 service from Leicester and this would probably be my preference if the 0145 feels like a tight connection.

Smethwickian

Thanks for any help
Bear in mind also NX's Conditions of Carriage urging customers not to book a coach arriving at an airport less than 180 minutes before a flight.

suzanneparis

You could view previous tracking history here to see how the service has been operating recently.

Look for the 00:10 departure from Derby which is the starting point. For example, today the service arrived at Heathrow 10 minutes early: https://bustimes.org/services/230-nottingham-heathrow-airport/vehicles#journeys/576095189
Many thanks Northern506. Very helpful. Best wishes

I've looked back through the last week on the bustimes.org history and it has run punctually - Monday didn't track, but this is likely to be a GPS error.

However I would urge the usual caution when using intercity coaches, especially if you have a flight to catch. Breakdowns and motorway hold-ups can happen at any time of day, and you also have the possibility of night time roadworks. I see there is a 2345 230 service from Leicester and this would probably be my preference if the 0145 feels like a tight connection.
Many thanks Temple Meads that's very useful information. Kind regards