• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leominster to Saundersfoot seat reservations and telesales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

philjo

Established Member
I am loooking at options for 2 elderly relatives in their mid-80s for travelling from Leominster to Saundersfoot in September.
The TfW site says that reservations open 6 weeks in advance so I don’t think they have opened yet.

They were planning to travel out on Saturday 10 September but there are replacement buses showing between Swansea and Carmarthen so I suggested travelling on Friday 9th instead - there is a direct train on weekdays departing at 15:23
The Return journey will be on Friday 16th with 1 change at Carmarthen with 30 minutes connection time.
They both have senior railcards. The offpeak return is £40.65 each.
However when they look they seem to just get the off-peak singles as default doubling the costs. I think they tend to look at trainline despite me pointing them to other sites. I noticed on train line the off peak return option was hidden at the bottom of the screen.

I recommended that they also request passenger Assistance - presumably this can also book them seat reservations when bookings open for those dates? I have received counted place reservations on the Marches line services in the past instead of a specific seat reservation.

Which telesales is the best one they should contact? They can’t easily get to the station so would prefer to book by phone and receive the tickets in the post.
Alternatively is there a site where I can specify everything and add to the basket and then send them the link so they can proceed with the payment? Most of the sites don’t seem to let me send a link with all of the journey specified. I gotMost of it done on LNER As far as the search results but they still have to then specify The services.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I am loooking at options for 2 elderly relatives in their mid-80s for travelling from Leominster to Saundersfoot in September.
The TfW site says that reservations open 6 weeks in advance so I don’t think they have opened yet.

They were planning to travel out on Saturday 10 September but there are replacement buses showing between Swansea and Carmarthen so I suggested travelling on Friday 9th instead - there is a direct train on weekdays departing at 15:23
The Return journey will be on Friday 16th with 1 change at Carmarthen with 30 minutes connection time.
They both have senior railcards. The offpeak return is £40.65 each.
However when they look they seem to just get the off-peak singles as default doubling the costs. I think they tend to look at trainline despite me pointing them to other sites. I noticed on train line the off peak return option was hidden at the bottom of the screen.

I recommended that they also request passenger Assistance - presumably this can also book them seat reservations when bookings open for those dates? I have received counted place reservations on the Marches line services in the past instead of a specific seat reservation.

Which telesales is the best one they should contact? They can’t easily get to the station so would prefer to book by phone and receive the tickets in the post.
Alternatively is there a site where I can specify everything and add to the basket and then send them the link so they can proceed with the payment? Most of the sites don’t seem to let me send a link with all of the journey specified. I gotMost of it done on LNER As far as the search results but they still have to then specify The services.

Thanks.
There are no physical seat reservations on TfW anymore. Only counted places. If they are just looking to use flexible tickets then there is little advantage in buying ahead of time. Passenger Assistance only requires 2 hours' notice nowadays, so they don't have to plan a long time in advance.

Pass on telesales (could try TfW?) but I don't think there is anywhere you can provide a link to a basket; baskets generally work via cookies. Some sites contain the search paramaters in the URL so you could share that, but at the end of the day the easiest option may be to book it for them or to use something like Teamviewer.

NRE provides Assistance booking contact details here.

Envoy

Established Member
I hope they will have some form of transport from Saundersfoot station as it is isolated from the community down narrow roads with no pavements and hills. Tenby station on the other hand, is right in the town with a slight hill from it.

philjo

Established Member
Thank you for your replies.
I will pass on the TfW Passenger Assistance number so they can call a couple of days before their travel date.
I believe they are being collected from Saundersfoot station but I will check.

Status
Not open for further replies.