• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER ticket not available

diy_dude

Hi. I am travelling from Edinburgh to York on Friday 5th April, returning Saturday. With the planned strikes I reserved the right number of seats on the 10:30 train from Edinburgh a few days ago. Now when I go to buy the ticket the website shows 'Not available'. It will happily sell me an off peak single for the previous and next trains with restriction code 3V. Oddly, the 11:30 is also unavailable and the 12:00 and 12:30 are unavailable in standard class too.

Can I just buy tickets for a different train and use them on the 10:30, or am I missing something that could lead to a fine?

I've already purchased advance tickets form an earlier station and will be on the 10:30 train as it arrives into Edinburgh, hence the strong preference to stay sat on the same train for the whole journey. Did this so I could avoid buying a peak ticket for the whole journey - especially frustrating as Scotrail services don't require peak tickets now anyway.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 17.28.15.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Can I just buy tickets for a different train and use them on the 10:30, or am I missing something?
If you’re using flexible tickets, yes. You can also buy these on the day at the same price (e.g. at a ticket office, on board a previous train, etc).

Established Member
The 10:30 from Edinburgh to York is confirmed to run on Friday 5th April. It is still formed as 1E11 0752 Aberdeen to Kings Cross.

Also confirmed to run are the 11:30, 12:00, 12.30.

diy_dude

Thanks. I guess LNER are just attempting to manage demand and encourage people away from the busier trains?

Selecting the 10:30 train confirms it’s just reservations that have sold out and I can buy a ticket from the station. Oh well, there go the LNER loyalty points.

Attachments

• IMG_3779.jpeg
    IMG_3779.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited: