• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 & CSA2 (2022 & 2023 intake)

LadyTee

Classroom training is MF 9ish to 5ish, with a move to shifts once your location training begins. You should get around 28 days notice, slightly less when first starting, and generally anything pre-booked will be honoured once you’re out the classroom (but you’ll need the receipts!).

I believe CSA training is 3-4 weeks now, a recent entrant may be able to confirm. :)
Is it true we are not allowed to take annual leave in the first 3 months?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flex231

Got sent the email for the DBS and Reference stuff today. Hoping that all goes smoothly, that's always the worry part for me, mainly the reference stuff.

TFLtalk

Got sent the email for the DBS and Reference stuff today. Hoping that all goes smoothly, that's always the worry part for me, mainly the reference stuff.
I guess it will go okay for everyone. There is no use worrying from our side.

I just send back the on boarding documents today after filling it. So might get the reed email end of this week or the next.

gabsy

To think I’m still waiting to know my result after third stage since 21st of February. Anyone experiencing that too from my timeline ?
Where did you do yours, I was told verbally that i was successful and then advised to send my id documents to an email address

CLAUBALMANT

Mine was similar to some others that I've seen here, passenger that had a long day at work and was sleeping with feet up on the chairs on the platform. They were also a little agitated and just wanted to be left alone

I remembered reading on this forum (and on the brief They give you) about not having feet on chairs so I made sure to do my best to have them remove their feet. Also had a casual convo with them just to build "report" so to speak.

They also were feeling a little dizzy or ill when they stood up so I made sure to check if they were alright, and offered some water or medical assistance :)

Have you had your role play yet?
Thank you for sharing. Mine is booked for next week, I am trying to gather as much information as possible to be prepared for that. thank you once again. :)

Carpetsgalore

Hi could share what your role play was and what scenario based questions they asked? Thanks
The roleplay was simply a customer who was unable to touch in at the gateline, it was far easier than I expected.
The scenario was a homeless man sat outside the station who was close to obstructing the entrance. It is more so about you extracting info from the scenario and explaining why you chose to respond as you did. The questions they asked were pretty standard basic interview questions.

Is this before or after medical? Can you choose the date you do the medical? Thanks

mrldn

The roleplay was simply a customer who was unable to touch in at the gateline, it was far easier than I expected.
The scenario was a homeless man sat outside the station who was close to obstructing the entrance. It is more so about you extracting info from the scenario and explaining why you chose to respond as you did. The questions they asked were pretty standard basic interview questions.

Is this before or after medical? Can you choose the date you do the medical? Thanks
@Carpetsgalore ok so you only did 1 roleplay? And your scenario based question was 1 too?

Maki

Thank you for sharing. Mine is booked for next week, I am trying to gather as much information as possible to be prepared for that. thank you once again. :)
No problem! I would say to be as friendly as you can but also remember the polices, little convos to get to know the customer helps and gives you time to figure out the situation. Also it's a little nerve-racking in the start but take your time and try and remember to mention health and safety if its applicable.

Good luck for next week!

Carpetsgalore

@Carpetsgalore ok so you only did 1 roleplay? And your scenario based question was 1 too?
Yes one of each. The roleplay was done in around 3/4 minutes. If you pass they get you started on the scenario interview straight away. The scenario interview is given to you on paper (3/4 paragraphs, 1 scenario). You have ten minutes to write down what you would do and why. Followed by discussing your plan with the interviewer and finishing with them asking you some questions (health and safety experience from previous jobs, what is good customer service to you? etc.).
The whole process was done in much less time than I had expected.

Holdonwait

Yes one of each. The roleplay was done in around 3/4 minutes. If you pass they get you started on the scenario interview straight away. The scenario interview is given to you on paper (3/4 paragraphs, 1 scenario). You have ten minutes to write down what you would do and why. Followed by discussing your plan with the interviewer and finishing with them asking you some questions (health and safety experience from previous jobs, what is good customer service to you? etc.).
The whole process was done in much less time than I had expected.
I second this it was finished way quicker than I expected So much so that I thought I had failed, passed in the end

Veeky

Please when will we be booked for Occupational checks?
My ID has been verified and I got a screening update with a potential start date but no occupational checks yet

moonie95

Please when will we be booked for Occupational checks?
My ID has been verified and I got a screening update with a potential start date but no occupational checks yet
When is your start date they gave you?
I’ve received my contract and booked for medical next week.

danyjac

Can anyone please confirm if the date shown on the reed pre screening website is your confirmed start date??

Also, I saw a thread saying CSA 1 is based on available vacancies. What are the chances that we will be able to find a spot in CSA1. Are job roles really different? Is the probation period 6 or 12 months ?

Thanks in advance

moonie95

Can anyone please confirm if the date shown on the reed pre screening website is your confirmed start date??

Also, I saw a thread saying CSA 1 is based on available vacancies. What are the chances that we will be able to find a spot in CSA1. Are job roles really different? Is the probation period 6 or 12 months ?

Thanks in advance
In the email it states to ignore the date shown in the REED screening check…

Attachments

• IMG_5591.jpeg
    IMG_5591.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 46

Veeky

22nd April

I tracked the background checks on the xms portal and its only showing application received but not ‘checks sent’
Its been one week

Last edited:

Lookstart

22nd April

I tracked the background checks on the xms portal and its only showing application received but not ‘checks sent’
Its been one week
Hi.
I see the same in my Reed screening.

I've received a start date though but would like to get screening cleared first as I've been waiting almost 3 weeks now.

danyjac

Hi, I have my medical booked next month. Did you fill out the medical questionnaire. Could you tell where I can access the questionnaire as none was attached with the mail.

In the email it states to ignore the date shown in the REED screening check…
Thanks for the info. I got a call today for confirmation of date. At what time can we expect the contract?

moonie95

Hi, I have my medical booked next month. Did you fill out the medical questionnaire. Could you tell where I can access the questionnaire as none was attached with the mail.

Thanks for the info. I got a call today for confirmation of date. At what time can we expect the contract?
Medical questionnaire should have been attached to the email when you received confirmation of the date and time the medical is booked for.

And contracts are usually sent 3 weeks before a start date.

danyjac

There is an agreement in place with the trade unions that you will become eligible for a CSA1 after 12 months in post, subject to vacancies and passing probation etc. As you note, not all locations have CSA1s (and/or CSA2s) and you may be required to move location to get the CSA1 position.

Overtime - how long is a length of string? The Underground does not (seek to) run on overtime like the big railway. In theory, every position is filled and OT is only in place to cover leave, sickness, special events etc. It differs vastly from location to location and, of course, is not guaranteed. There is also a fair amount of oversight on hours worked both as part of the Framework Agreement and fatigue index, so even if there is plenty you’ll not be able to do all of it all the time.

It’s some time since I was on stations, but I was on a group with a lot of OT through the Fit for the Future (Stations) changes, and it wasn’t anywhere near £50k even accounting for salary and inflationary increases.

That said, I would suggest there are probably more opportunities for promotion and to move up the business within LU than there is ARL if final salary is your driver.
Hi, is there vast difference between both roles? Or is it more or less the same profile?

Is sponsorship available for CSA1 position as initially in the job advert sponsorship was mentioned.

Is it true we are not allowed to take annual leave in the first 3 months?
I would like to get this answered as well please. I have holiday planned as well at the end of the year and would like to know if this is possible

gabsy

I saw you mentioned you was told verbally that your was successful. When was this and where did you do your SBI?
At Stratford 5 endeavour square on Tuesday 26th. Has anyone had his/her SBI in that location this week?

ademide

I guess it will go okay for everyone. There is no use worrying from our side.

I just send back the on boarding documents today after filling it. So might get the reed email end of this week or the next.
I just sent my mine today, but I haven’t had my ID verification. I tried calling but no one to answer. Have you done your ID verification?

TFLtalk

I just sent my mine today, but I haven’t had my ID verification. I tried calling but no one to answer. Have you done your ID verification?
I actually did my id verification during my sbi itself. I gave them documents for NI number, address proof and so on. So don’t think I will have to do it again.

gabsy

I actually did my id verification during my sbi itself. I gave them documents for NI number, address proof and so on. So don’t think I will have to do it again.
Exactly, they said that they stopped collecting documents after the SBI because of missing documents and stuff, that means you got a response on the day of your SBI. Have you gotten any other mail again?