• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lumo W/C 04.10.22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike99

Hi, I just noticed on RTT that Lumo appear to be operating Kings Cross to Durham only from the above date for the Monday to Friday, back to normal on Monday 11th October. LNER appear to be working through to Edinburgh. Does anyone have an idea why this might be?.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheBigD

Established Member
Hi, I just noticed on RTT that Lumo appear to be operating Kings Cross to Durham only from the above date for the Monday to Friday, back to normal on Monday 11th October. LNER appear to be working through to Edinburgh. Does anyone have an idea why this might be?.

Without checking the engineering notices, I think there is a 9 day block around Newcastle.

TheBigD

Established Member
Just to add, only half of the LNER services are running through to Edinburgh, the other half start/terminate at Darlington, and not serve Newcastle/Edinburgh etc.

Last edited:

Gathursty

Established Member
Just to add, only half of the LNER services are running through to Edinburgh, the other half start/terminate at Darlington, and not serve Newcastle/Edinburgh etc.
Are the Edinburgh services avoiding Newcastle via the Tyne Valley or going through Newcastle and not stopping?

TheBigD

Established Member
Running through and calling at Newcastle.

I've still not checked the engineering notices yet but my guess would be that whatever work is taking place reduces the capacity through Newcastle, hence the reduced LNER service, no Lumo etc etc.

For example : only 2 lines open instead of 4 across King Edward Bridge etc, or less through platforms at Newcastle itself (both just guesses).

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Platforms 1, 2 and 3 unavailable by the looks of what RTT shows. Through trains via platform 4.

Established Member
Also work at Heaton South junction blocking access to depot as well (I believe)

cambsy

On Moderation
I had look at Real time trains, and original conclusion was possibly single line working,, as there was extra journey time Darlington-Durham,but nothing major, and no interesting diversions, but interesting hear about 2 tracks on King Edward bridge, and lack of platforms operate through, and blocked entry to Heaton depot, seems not a lot going on then?.

trek

They seem to be running this week, any one ever work out what they are for?

Status
Not open for further replies.