• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Major expansion at Botanic Gardens Depot Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.

trawler

This week Northern announced major investment at BG. This will allow all routine maintenance of 155 and 170 to be done in Hull. A new wheel lath, buildings and track is to installed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Yes. Northern press release.
Here you are:
Today, Northern has also revealed improvements at its Newton Heath train depot in Manchester are almost complete, and has unveiled plans to deliver further enhancements at its Botanic Gardens train depot in Hull. New features, including maintenance equipment, infrastructure upgrades and a wheel lathe, will improve reliability which, in turn, will give customers across the Northern network a better journey experience.

Neptune

Established Member
Re-allocating the 155’s and 170’s to BG will also free up space at Neville Hill creating a double benefit.

The maintenance shed will receive roof repairs as well as the new equipment.

It’s good to see the sensible option of upgrading Hull BG take place. It’s been a fair few years since they had an allocation of units.

Humberscot

Re-allocating the 155’s and 170’s to BG will also free up space at Neville Hill creating a double benefit.

The maintenance shed will receive roof repairs as well as the new equipment.

It’s good to see the sensible option of upgrading Hull BG take place. It’s been a fair few years since they had an allocation of units.
Great news! Maybe we might need a few shunters too?! 03063/073/112?!...

IanH440

my first cab ride 03073 and match truck pulling a Mk2 rake back from paragon through the wash plant

Pit_buzzer

my first cab ride 03073 and match truck pulling a Mk2 rake back from paragon through the wash plant
My first ever cab ride should have been the same thing, 2158 taking Mark 2s out but it couldn't release the brakes. It sat there jumping up and down on the spot. We had to leave before the problem was resolved so my first cab ride achieved zero forward movement and about 2 inches of vertical movement, happy days

Humberscot

My first ever cab ride should have been the same thing, 2158 taking Mark 2s out but it couldn't release the brakes. It sat there jumping up and down on the spot. We had to leave before the problem was resolved so my first cab ride achieved zero forward movement and about 2 inches of vertical movement, happy days

Let me guess, 03073 was its unique more white than blue?!

Status
Not open for further replies.