• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trackman

Established Member
easy.. and I'm not using Google to cheat; the next station is.... Golders Green

DerekC

Established Member
OK .... the next move requires considerable thought and maybe a bit of flaming brandy. Pudding Mill Lane can't be missed this time round.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
A good move, but as the Whittle Rules were brought into play following the stop at any Heathrow station earlier, I'm going to call...

Ickenham

Ostrich

However, Goedel's Incompleteness Theorum indicates that at this point, there is little alternative other than a move to Northwood Hills.

Loppylugs

After leaving my solicitors, Chalfont & Latimer, I decide to move south, meeting on the way Mr. and Mrs. Nington and their son Kennington.

Unfortunately for us, legend holds that Mr. Nington was at the Glaswegian Christmas Market trying to figure out why they have a rollercoaster.

The Mrs. indicates that his return arrival at Euston will not be long, so we travel to Kings Cross St. Pancras, as the advent rules dictate that when an abnormally located rollercoaster appears north of Edgware you must travel to the terminal adjacent to the one where the investigator will be arriving.

It is the advent version remember, the Glasshoughton move does not require the movement of 4 places by Section 44A.

Instead Section 65 A is invoked, which requires a teleport to a station with a junction. Therefore, Aldgate would be the best possible move, as most others would violate subsection 65 A-56

Peter C

Established Member
I was gifted an early Christmas present this morning - a first-edition copy of Delia Smith's One is Fun! - which clearly states (between the recipes for the sticky-toffee pudding and blancmange) that on all days other than 6th January, a move to Aldgate must be rapidly followed by a dash to Oxford Circus.

-Peter

DerekC

Established Member
Hmm - personally I would have thought that a fast move involving sticky toffee pudding would be impossible at this time of year because of the low viscosity of the treacle. But I won't raise a formal objection this time. A quick dabble in Stamford Brook should eliminate any future problems.

Ostrich

Despite this being the Advent Version, I detect a distinct lack of reindeer, so a suitable substitute move would be to Blackhorse Road.

Trackman

Established Member
but.. Kentish Town
Before someone tries to trip me up, the no escalator rule does not apply as the last move was Seven Kings (section 25 para 9 subsection 12) - you can buy the book on Amazon if MC newbies are confused.

Remember that the Denscombe Variant requires our return to a terminal to avoid the Hillswick replacement.

Ergo, Victoria also alleviates the potential for a Republican swap.

Established Member
There's rather too much choice at Seven Kings, but maybe there should be a preliminary selection process.
Coupled to post #4, that makes fourteen Kings. Not sure the economy can support that.

Anyway, thanks to new rules introduced only last night, I'll stick with Pimlico

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Before moving onto the next station I am required by Ancient Burgundian law to produce my passport and have it stamped. Pimlico.

Coupled to post #4, that makes fourteen Kings. Not sure the economy can support that.

Anyway, thanks to new rules introduced only last night, I'll stick with Pimlico
Objection! I think you'll find that I already played Pimlico earlier in this game!
I think you're now both in Nidd as a result!

Status
Not open for further replies.