• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR now recruiting for old oak common (London) courses from early 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gbi17

hello everyone,

these forums are incredibly helpful and thanks to all of your tips on preparation I have managed to pass the SJT and VSE online tests. In the next stage (assessment day 1) do we just have the tests or is there an MMI interview on the same day if we successfully pass all the tests?

hello everyone,

these forums are incredibly helpful and thanks to all of your tips on preparation I have managed to pass the SJT and VSE online tests. In the next stage (assessment day 1) do we just have the tests or is there an MMI interview on the same day if we successfully pass all the tests?

Stage 3: Paper and pencil tests: At this stage you will be asked to complete a range of psychometric tests that will assess your skills and abilities that are required for the role of train driving with MTR Crossrail. These will be the Group Bourdon and Tea-Occ which assesses attention, the TRP1 and TRP2 test which is a trainability test, and the DFFT which looks at fault finding. During the assessment centre we will then score up your tests and if you meet the standard that we are looking for you will then be invited to attend stage 4.

MMI is the end of stage 4

Tais

I am 40, am I too old?
I turned 40 in February and passed all tests at age 39-40 and I will start the training on next Monday, so I can say you are not old to apply. You can easily work there for 20 more years. If you like to be a train driver then grab the opportunity and apply. Good luck! ;)

Nebson

Good luck to everyone at the Assessment centre and let us know how you got on. Mine aint till 1st August so its study time for me!

OfficerX

Ok so I passed the 1st assessment day and have now got a date for the second. It was tough but then I suppose it has to be lol

Nebson

Ok so I passed the 1st assessment day and have now got a date for the second. It was tough but then I suppose it has to be lol

Congrats Bud, I know its subjective but any tips on your experience? Ive been doing alot of research on this forum and been going through the practice tests regularly. Any further help would be appreciated.

OfficerX

Congrats Bud, I know its subjective but any tips on your experience? Ive been doing alot of research on this forum and been going through the practice tests regularly. Any further help would be appreciated.

Hey buddy, just keep looking through the bits they sent you. Practice the GBT as much as you can but don't stress, just work at your own pace (speed is good but it's about the accuracy mostly) try to get at least 8 lines with less than 2 errors. That's not the score they're looking for (they don't give you the requirements) but that's what was recommended to me. Good luck, and pm me for any further info

Hi guys, just done stage 3, all went well for myself. 5 of us passed out of 14.

Tests are doable and you need to keep relaxed and focused!!!

OfficerX

Were you there on Friday mate? If so I was one of the five that went through with you lol

baz962

Established Member
well said tais I flunked the online bit for mtr but since then I have passed the tests at opc and only thing I am waiting to hear is mmi result and I am 47

baz962

Established Member
for gtr I should have said the group bourdon, tea occ , trp 1 and 2, the dfft , the flashing square , the 2 hand test, and the wafv

JackS

Hey guys, I did the online VSE and SJT tests on Tuesday and received an email yesterday inviting me to the next stage! Not until mid-September so loads of time to go over the practice materials.

Am I reading right that they will score up the tests on the day and tell you whether you've been successful or not? I went for LU Train Operator earlier this year and it took two weeks to hear back that I hadn't quite done enough!

Nebson

Hey guys, I did the online VSE and SJT tests on Tuesday and received an email yesterday inviting me to the next stage! Not until mid-September so loads of time to go over the practice materials.

Am I reading right that they will score up the tests on the day and tell you whether you've been successful or not? I went for LU Train Operator earlier this year and it took two weeks to hear back that I hadn't quite done enough!

Hi Jack, Congrats on getting to the next stage.....my Assessment isnt till 1st August but by what I have read on this forum the day is kinda split in two. First sit a few exams then have a break while they get marked then if you passed then do the next set of exams and again if you pass you get your date for day two.

Dj7bd

I made a few mistakes when I done my online assessments and still passed. There will be a certain level you have to pass, but I thought I'd mucked mine up and was kicking myself.

I've now got my dmi interview in 2 weeks, so good luck if you get invited to the assessment day's.
Hi mate,

I have the second assessment center coming up next week.

Any tips that would help etc? Any sort of questions that they may ask at the MMI would be helpful

Thanks

Viks86

Hi All,

Got to say this is a great forum. I've just joined after a few months of reading specific topics.

I have a question, in regards to the assessment day what kind of dress code is required? I'm guessing a suit with a shirt and tie is too much?

Thanks in advance!

Sotac464

Hi mate,

I have the second assessment center coming up next week.

Any tips that would help etc? Any sort of questions that they may ask at the MMI would be helpful

Thanks

Hi

There's loads of information on here, if you do a search you will find all of the mmi questions.

You passed the written assessments so you should be fine on the computer one's.

On the mmi just be relaxed and talk slowly and clearly, as you are being assessed on commuincation skills for obvious reasons.

Not much more I can add really, good luck.

Sotac464

Hi All,

Got to say this is a great forum. I've just joined after a few months of reading specific topics.

I have a question, in regards to the assessment day what kind of dress code is required? I'm guessing a suit with a shirt and tie is too much?

Thanks in advance!

I wore a suit and tie the whole way through, not many did to be fair, but you are going to be the face of the company, so always make a good impression.

Xdrem

Hi there new poster, I have completed the first part of the assessment and I'm due to have part 2 coming up shortly, with regards to the computer based tests, are there any other helpful materials that I should practice with? I'm focusing on the MMI quite a bit though, am i being presumptuous? I'm just most worried about that

misa

Hi guys ,i have got the 1st day of the assessment on 4th of august. How long will they give you for 2nd day assessment if you pass the 1st day?

OfficerX

Just waiting for a date for the final interview now. Good luck to anyone going through the process. If I can be any help just shout

Aspirin80

Hi everyone one I'm new to the forum.
Is anyone going for the first assessment centre on the first
of September?

Techno77

Hi all,
Has anyone had a DMI recently with MTR Crossrail?
Appreciate your responses!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.