• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Neasden Nonsense' 1001 Tour - Cancelled?

Deepgreen

Established Member
Just curious - there was supposed to be a railtour with Hastings diesel 1001 tomorrow ('Neasden Nonsense') around north-west London and beyond, run by UKRT. The tour is still on their web site but I can't find anything on RTT. Has it been cancelled?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wandering Pom

The UKRT website is showing "confirmed times" for this tour. I expect it's just the case that the timings have not been released in TRUST, and are therefore not yet available in RTT.

LA50041

Established Member
Just curious - there was supposed to be a railtour with Hastings diesel 1001 tomorrow ('Neasden Nonsense') around north-west London and beyond, run by UKRT. The tour is still on their web site but I can't find anything on RTT. Has it been cancelled?
Still showing as running on UKR website. I suspect NR haven't published the timings downstream yet

Deepgreen

Established Member
Thanks. I have never known a tour's timings (which wasn't headed by 'Flying Scotsman') to be released this late (still not up now).

bluegoblin7

Established Member
There’s been plenty of tours that aren’t the FS released the day before.

If you’re on it you’ve been sent the timings for the PUs and SDs, and if you’re not then why does it matter?

InkyScrolls

If you’re on it you’ve been sent the timings for the PUs and SDs, and if you’re not then why does it matter?
It may surprise you to learn that some people, myself included, quite enjoy taking photographs of specific trains.

bleeder4

It may surprise you to learn that some people, myself included, quite enjoy taking photographs of specific trains.
That's been the case for railway photographers for the last 100 years. It's only in the last 10/15 years or so that they've been spoiled with the invention of RTT and the like. You can see the confirmed timings for pickup stations on the UKRT website, so can work it out for the places in between somewhat from there. Tour is running.

Tubeboy

It states on the UK railtours Facebook page that the timings will be on RTT by 2100hrs.

Deepgreen

Established Member

It doesn't really matter, and I did say I was just curious, but part (only part) of the raison d'etre of RTT was to allow enthusiasts to know where interesting workings might be and when. There is no problem here, it is just unusual for the timings to be so late.

That's been the case for railway photographers for the last 100 years. It's only in the last 10/15 years or so that they've been spoiled with the invention of RTT and the like. You can see the confirmed timings for pickup stations on the UKRT website, so can work it out for the places in between somewhat from there. Tour is running.
Yes, of course - it was simply an observation that it's unusual that they are so late, and not in any way a complaint. That was all.

zwk500

Veteran Member
Yes, of course - it was simply an observation that it's unusual that they are so late, and not in any way a complaint. That was all.
It can happen quite often when some clearance or other is needed. The Hastings unit shouldn't have gauging trouble but goods line clearances can take a while to come through.
The day before is very late but we are getting into the busier season for railtours.

D7666

& yes it did run; while I was not on it I did see it into Victoria.

But there was something amiss with whatever databases / feed both RTT and Traksy use concerning it as it disappeared completely from Traksy several times in the aftenoon after about 16:00 as I was looking at it for its timekeeping in order to meet some on it; while RTT went up to half an hour at least twice without updates from it, then jumping and back filling it all in; other trains in the areas surrounding the tour were reporting normally to both.

Before anyone dives in and says flaky data is normal, yes I know, but I've never come across just one single train so affected amid anything and everything around it reporting normally.

Last edited:

james_the_xv

Before anyone dives in and says flaky data is normal, yes I know, but I've never come across just one single train so affected amid anything and everything aruound it reporting normally.
If you're claiming both Traksy and RTT was affected, there may have been an issue with the open data feeds.

D7666

If you're claiming both Traksy and RTT was affected, there may have been an issue with the open data feeds.
Feed issues alone does not explain why all other trains surrounding 1Z2x were all reporting normally; the feeds feed all data from whatever server(s) forward, not individual trains with their own feeds. Suspect might have been due to some of the bobbins tour was doing ?

Last edited:

Deepgreen

Established Member
Feed issues alone does not explain why all other trains surrounding 1Z2x were all reporting normally; the feeds feed all data from whatever server(s) forward, not individual trains with their own feeds. Suspect might have been due to some of the bobbins tour was doing ?
The same thing happened with the severely-delayed ECS for the Horsham to Bristol steam tour on 20 April. When it came to a stand near Streatham (unexpectedly faced with an engineering blockade at Wimbledon) before it underwent its convoluted reversals procedure, it wasn't visible at all on Traksy for nearly half an hour. On reversing at Queenstown Road, two trains with the same reporting number became visible, making me think it had divided there.