• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Adventure Travel

Markdvdman

The dedicated vehicles are Metrocities previously used on the TrawsCymru Brecon - Swansea service and if I remember correct they have USB points.
That is great news thank you! I do carry power banks anyway but nice to know! The USB ports on the T4s are atrocious as they NEVER charge above what you expect as opposed to say the ports on TFW trains!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
I was supposed to be driving the c1020 404 service from Pontypridd to Porthcawl and 1225 back, but I'm having to cover the G1 fflecsi service again.

Last edited by a moderator:

traveller1

Saw the 0925 off from Porthcawl today. A few people getting on waiting at stops around Woodland Avenue and at Wigfach. NAT have picked up on a trick here, but not by design, service runs a few minutes before the 172 in both directions. I hope it works. I see your 1020 from Ponty Anthony was capped at Penycoedcae going out. Bet you are glad you were on the G1 afterwards. Paul.

anthony263

Established Member
Ilesbus bodied Mercedes-Benz sprinter Cn21 xjh which has been trialed on the G1 fflecsi service the past few weeks will be leaving after today and returning to the dealership in Pyle.

Luckily I've agreed to come in for part of this morning to cover for another driver and I can drive it

anthony263

Established Member
Adventure travel have recently taken over Sunday only Barry town service 100 and original we lost the 321 talbot green to llantwit major service to Easyway but we have now had the contract back and have started the new contract from this morning.

A new improved timetable is expected to be introduced soon on this route.

The G1 fflecsi service is returning to a fixed timetable bus service starting later this month but now serving the Heath Hospital as well as the Gabalfa estate.

We retained the contracts for the 303/304. And 89a/89b services and the 320 Talbot green to Cardiff service.

A lot of buses have been refurbished and fitted with usb sockets.

Dai Corner

Established Member
Also of interest is that NAT Group seem to have started working with Megabus on a scheduled service to London.
Megabus have been running between Cardiff and London for years The coaches are based in Stagecoach's Cwmbran depot.

Do you mean NAT have become a contractor for Megabus? Where did you find out?

markymark2000

On Moderation

extendedpaul

Fares to/from Newport are usually significantly higher than to/from Cardiff for a shorter journey on the same coach, whichever the operator. I understand why but still a bit frustrating

anthony263

Established Member
New bus recently arrived at Taffs well is refurbished enviro 200 YY15NHO.

It will be a rare one to catch as it’s only booked to do school services during weekdays and it’s allocated to me every Sunday for my shift driving the 600 Pontypridd to Aberdare and 89 Aberdare to Merthyr Tydfil service.

anthony263

Established Member
Now a lot of it has been made public im able to speak.

Adventure travel taffs Well depot is closing end of march. Unfortunately the latest tendering exercise the depot has pretty much lost majority of the routes

Sunday 31st march is the final day the depot is open. I'll be working driving tje morning/afternoon shift on the 600/89's

Some drivers are going to other operators however some are going to the Cardiff depot and yours truly requested to.go to Swansea depot.

The 102/112 we will run.from Cardiff depot along with the Sunday evening 130 service.

Stagecoach got the majority of the routes except as follows:

105/107/109 is supposed to be going to Edwards along with the 111. Will need to.check the service registrations.
Harris coaches taking on the X38/C18 and theyve taken the daytime journeys on.the C16 Caerphilly to Nelson service.

We've taken over the mon-sat evening service on the 404 currently run.by Stagecoach however theyve got our daytime service plus the Sunday service which they are extending to Pontypridd.

We still don't know who got the G1 and 86 services.

Cardiff depot lost the 303/304/305 to first cymru however the 88 Barry to Penarth service is being reinstated after it was scrapped by VOG Council last year. Got new Cardiff contracts plus megabus .

Still waiting for Swansea tenders

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Now a lot of it has been made public im able to speak.

Adventure travel taffs Well depot is closing end of march. Unfortunately the latest tendering exercise the depot has pretty much lost majority of the routes

Sunday 31st march is the final day the depot is open. I'll be working driving tje morning/afternoon shift on the 600/89's

Some drivers are going to other operators however some are going to the Cardiff depot and yours truly requested to.go to Swansea depot.

The 102/112 we will run.from Cardiff depot along with the Sunday evening 130 service.

Stagecoach got the majority of the routes except as follows:

105/107/109 is supposed to be going to Edwards along with the 111. Will need to.check the service registrations.
Harris coaches taking on the X38/C18 and theyve taken the daytime journeys on.the C16 Caerphilly to Nelson service.

We've taken over the mon-sat evening service on the 404 currently run.by Stagecoach however theyve got our daytime service plus the Sunday service which they are extending to Pontypridd.

We still don't know who got the G1 and 86 services.

Cardiff depot lost the 303/304/305 to first cymru however the 88 Barry to Penarth service is being reinstated after it was scrapped by VOG Council last year. Got new Cardiff contracts plus megabus .

Still waiting for Swansea tenders
Sorry to hear that for you and the other drivers.

Surprised to see First get the 303-305; does that indicate anything on Bridgend area?

anthony263

Established Member
Sorry to hear that for you and the other drivers.

Surprised to see First get the 303-305; does that indicate anything on Bridgend area?
Not sure. First did threaten to shut Bridgend if they lost quite a bit of work. All those services equates to around 7-8 buses.

Nobody know who's running the G1 Gwaelod Y Garth to Heath hospital, 86 Thornhill to Cardiff and 136 Cardiff to Creigiau yet.

We suspected we could lose work; just not as much as we did. I personally think it will backfire on Stagecoach and First as they struggle now.

They are even taking over a former Johns Travel service in Pontypridd, which nobody expected. The 78 Merthyr to Pontypridd will no longer use the A470 between Nelson and Pontypridd, instead going along the A4054 through Cilfyndd. The 106 is to be run by Aberdare depot, interworked with the 60/6; big potential for problems there.

The Porth drivers are in for a shock on the 404s with those former gold branded MMCs.

I got a sneaking suspicion the G1 might be going to Cardiff Bus . Return of the orange nipper perhaps?

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Sounds as if particularly first and Stagecoach have probably overbed their hand or rather underbid it in terms of the price and carnage for bus passengers across the area is set to follow in pretty short order. Good luck and thoughts to anyone affected.

Didn't realise you guys had regular Megabus work, presumably just Bristol and London or is it something more adventurous on the cross country bits of the network

anthony263

Established Member
Sounds as if particularly first and Stagecoach have probably overbed their hand or rather underbid it in terms of the price and carnage for bus passengers across the area is set to follow in pretty short order. Good luck and thoughts to anyone affected.

Didn't realise you guys had regular Megabus work, presumably just Bristol and London or is it something more adventurous on the cross country bits of the network
Bristol and and London.zlong with watts and eurocoaches. Think stagecoach still do some too particularly those up to Birmingham and Newcastle etc

Great_Western

Not sure. First did threaten to shut Bridgend if they lost quite a bit of work. All those services equates to around 7-8 buses.

Nobody know who's running the G1 Gwaelod Y Garth to Heath hospital, 86 Thornhill to Cardiff and 136 Cardiff to Creigiau yet.

We suspected we could lose work; just not as much as we did. I personally think it will backfire on Stagecoach and First as they struggle now.

They are even taking over a former Johns Travel service in Pontypridd, which nobody expected. The 78 Merthyr to Pontypridd will no longer use the A470 between Nelson and Pontypridd, instead going along the A4054 through Cilfyndd. The 106 is to be run by Aberdare depot, interworked with the 60/6; big potential for problems there.

The Porth drivers are in for a shock on the 404s with those former gold branded MMCs.

I got a sneaking suspicion the G1 might be going to Cardiff Bus . Return of the orange nipper perhaps?
May I ask what the problem with the Gold MMC's is?

I briefly spoke with a driver on one of NAT's newer MMCs and he seemed to really enjoy driving them and was a big fan of the digital mirrors.

As a passenger I've never particularly liked them but I didn't realise that drivers disliked them too.

anthony263

Established Member
May I ask what the problem with the Gold MMC's is?

I briefly spoke with a driver on one of NAT's newer MMCs and he seemed to really enjoy driving them and was a big fan of the digital mirrors.

As a passenger I've never particularly liked them but I didn't realise that drivers disliked them too.
The lanes from pencoedcae to Beddau are a nightmare plus the gold mmcs dont have good locks on them . Drivers I've talked are dreading it