• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Nottingham Contactless multi operator payment system starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesternLancer

Established Member
Enthusiastic press release here -

and info here

But makes no mention of Trent Barton, so I presume does not work on their buses - might have been handy to actually point that out, or explain why not.

Which with the daily cap seemingly the same as the cap on the Robin Hood Smart card (at £5.60) - which is accepted on Trent Barton buses it would seem better not to use it unless you can be certain you are not going to need to use a Trent Barton bus on your travel on the day in question - which on some routes / axes where they are common might be unlikely.

Robin Hood smart card prices:

I assume this is a tech problem they have been unable to overcome ahead of roll out. Lets hope it can cover Trent Barton at a later date.

Also presumably does not work on trains in the Nottingham City area, but then neither does the Robin Hood Smart Card.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

station_road

The page you linked to above does say this

The City Council is working with the DfT and regional partners including Transport for the West Midlands and Midlands Connect to integrate all operators including trentbarton and train operating companies.

Looking at the Nottingham City Transport website at https://www.nctx.co.uk/contactless there is a strange anomaly which seems to be because they only do touch on (not touch off) - tickets from some places may be cheaper if you buy a single/return ticket using contactless rather than tapping on as it assumes you are travelling the full journey. I have only ever seen that before in Hong Kong many years ago!

Last edited:

ChrisC

Established Member
Enthusiastic press release here -

and info here

But makes no mention of Trent Barton, so I presume does not work on their buses - might have been handy to actually point that out, or explain why not.

Which with the daily cap seemingly the same as the cap on the Robin Hood Smart card (at £5.60) - which is accepted on Trent Barton buses it would seem better not to use it unless you can be certain you are not going to need to use a Trent Barton bus on your travel on the day in question - which on some routes / axes where they are common might be unlikely.

Robin Hood smart card prices:

I assume this is a tech problem they have been unable to overcome ahead of roll out. Lets hope it can cover Trent Barton at a later date.

Also presumably does not work on trains in the Nottingham City area, but then neither does the Robin Hood Smart Card.
I’m no expert on how these systems work but is it connected with the fact that Trent Barton already have their own network wide contactless caps. For example if I travel into Nottingham on Trent Barton from the village where I live, well outside the city boundary, there is already a higher contactless daily cap of £6.60 or around £10.50 if travelling before 9.00am. Would there be a conflict between the 2 systems?

WesternLancer

Established Member
The page you linked to above does say this

Looking at the Nottingham City Transport website at https://www.nctx.co.uk/contactless there is a strange anomaly which seems to be because they only do touch on (not touch off) - tickets from some places may be cheaper if you buy a single/return ticket using contactless rather than tapping on as it assumes you are travelling the full journey. I have only ever seen that before in Hong Kong many years ago!
ah - thanks - I did not spot that bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.