• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newark Flat crossing - Can you access it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richieb1971

Established Member
Seems to be new housing slightly south of the Flat crossing where google earth shows cleared areas.

Can you access the flat crossing or any of the paths leading to it from Next/Curry's car park? There is a north path/road which leads to a crossing from there.

I know you can view it from the high bridge which is nice but not very accessible. You would have to walk a mile or so. I like to video and the traffic noise would be extremely bad.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

girothedog

I don't believe pedestrians are banned.

Sorry, was just an assumption, looking at the very inhospitable high level bridge with virtually no provision for pedestrians.

You're quite right, there does appear to be no restriction (looking at the entrance to the road at the previous junctions on streetview).

Looks like a horrible place to stand though.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
If you stand on a bridge like that for even a short while, you might find officers approaching you quite quickly to check that you aren't planning to jump off it...

Status
Not open for further replies.